BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is blogging about my 45 Dark Eldar games somethnig you would read and follow?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am interested in seeing what happens.

120 87.59%
  • No thank you.

17 12.41%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

A Klaive? Is that a sculpting tool? A Klavex? A brand of tissue, surely. The Punisher sounded like a dangerous weapon, but the new names are jokes. Then again, by the look of things you might as well rename the Incubi Master the 'Exarch,' and call his new abilities 'Exarch Powers.' What next, a Phoenix Lord? Ah, wait...

Abbess Sanctorum

Just because you're ignorant of the term doesn't mean it isn't one.

Klaive is an alternate spelling of Glaive, depending on which language you use it can mean different things. A sword on a stick as is the traditional interpretation of Glaive, or a large, triangular sword/knife such as [url=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/389135627_171141f7cd.jpg]this[/url], and a few other meanings with similar weapons (usually a sword or a polearm).
    Last edited by Melissia; 10-15-2010 at 07:23 AM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chaplain

I did grasp that it would have a connection to glaives, however I don't see the new Incubi blades are particularly triangular. Hmm, in which case I shall call the new Incubi weapons Punishers, and the old Incubi weapons (which are actually polearms) Klaives.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Glaives aren't necessarily triangular. As Melissia said, the definition is fairly broad.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaive[/url]
    [url]http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Klaive[/url]
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Occuli Imperator

@buffo: this is a great idea, though I would like to see you throw in a "non-themed" list. Possibly something you didn't write yourself... You know, the typical internet power gaming list. The only reason I would Ike to see it in your analysis is to show everyone that Internet lists aren't the be all of list building and that a well thought out themed list can dominate. Perhaps throw in 5 games with the "internets omg pohwer list." consider it.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

I'd offer to write one of those intrazweb lists, but to be perfectly honest, his lists are not all that dissimilar to my own.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    @buffo: this is a great idea, though I would like to see you throw in a "non-themed" list. Possibly something you didn't write yourself... You know, the typical internet power gaming list. The only reason I would Ike to see it in your analysis is to show everyone that Internet lists aren't the be all of list building and that a well thought out themed list can dominate. Perhaps throw in 5 games with the "internets omg pohwer list." consider it.

Duke
    This is a wonderful idea!

People give me a list to play, maybe because they are thinking of the same thing, and I play test it for them.

Chapter-Master

First match posted up.

I have played 5 total, and I will be updating the other 4 matches soon.

[url]http://awesomesaucestudio.blogspot.com/[/url]

Fly Lord

Your a gentleman and a scholar Buffo.

Great batrep and extra points for keeping on the gameface and not tabling the noob when you had him mid-game.

Looking forward to seeing this series evolve and when you really get your DE sealegs, PM me. Key batreps like these are too good to not share with the readers on the BoLS frontpage.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

First-Captain

Nice batrep, Buffo!

1) Love the visuals--reminds me of old-school WD when the mag was worth reading.

2) Way to walk the walk after talking--Game sounded like it was a lot more fun at the end that it could've been if you just tabled him.

3) That kinda massed poison fire is officially scary. It might just keep people playing mech if only to avoid being on the receiving end...

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast