BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    The Dark Mechanic

Default Forge World Books Now Sold In GW Shops In North America

Beginning on Saturday, October 16, Forge World books will be sold in GW retails shops in North America. Stores are receiving shipments this week. Being small shops for the most part stores will in general carry one copy of each book at a time. This should be a welcome development for a lot of North American 40K enthusiasts.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Banned

Awesome news - they've been trialing it in the Sydney bunker for the last few months looking to bring it everywhere here. Hopefull it'll mean more acceptance of FW's stuff!

Chapter-Master

theve had FW books in glasgow GW for a while now (read 3+ years) but this is completely irrelivent :P
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 10-14-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: imma spoony spoon
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Occuli Imperator

I'm assuming this is just gw stores and not independent retailers.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    theve had FW books in glasgow GW
    Yes, hence the title of this thread...

Odd... I remember seeing Imperial Armor books sold in an Independent Store back in 2002ish.

Could any store have just ordered stock of these books, but it was just GW stores in the U.S. that didn't carry them at all all this time?

The Dark Mechanic

I'm thinking of getting that Master Class book again. I already passed it up when the Battle Bunker had it a couple years ago. It's going to be hard to resist it with it right under my nose all the time now.

Could any store have just ordered stock of these books, but it was just GW stores in the U.S. that didn't carry them at all all this time?
    A friend of mine used to own an independent store. He said at the time that he could buy Forge World products and sell them, but that FW did not offer wholesale sales to resellers. In other words, he'd have to pay full retail for the products and then either sell them at a loss or mark them up beyond list to make money on them. Because of this, some independents would sell FW items as a courtesy to their customers with a slight markup to keep them within reason regarding price. Perhaps you encountered a similar situation.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 10-14-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

GW stores have had a limited selection of FW books for some tie now.
    IIRC that was a market test, I guess it went well.

I've held off on buying several of the books because of shipping cost and time. Last time I ordered just a book shipping was almost 25% of the cover price and waited 4 weeks to get it.

The Dark Mechanic

This is a huge improvement over the paltry selection of seemingly random books they had before. They will now be regular stock items with a proper display and it comprises most if not all of the Forge World books available.

Wow, this is probably the most exciting news I've heard in a while. I wanted to buy Imperial Armour 8 for the Elysian List and Model Masterclass,but the high shipping cost and long shipping time stopped me. Now I'll never be able to resist.

The Dark Mechanic

Here's some good news. If the selling of the Forge World books in US GW stores and on the US GW website seems like a prelude to making the models more accessible, apparently it is. Sometime in the not-too-distant future FW models will be stocked in Memphis and available in the US through the US GW web store.