BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Machinator, whats your next masterpiece going to be? you've mentioned Space wolves will be the 4th, I'm gonna guess Sallys or dark angels but thats purely a guess
    Yep, it's Dark Angels. Picture a cathedral on treads spitting out plasma death. Hopefully I can get started on it in a couple of weeks.
    http://stores.ebay.com/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Machinator View Post
    Yep, it's Dark Angels. Picture a cathedral on treads spitting out plasma death. Hopefully I can get started on it in a couple of weeks.
    I was thinking of doing one of these using parts from the fortress of redemption. Interested to see what you come up with.

Brother-Sergeant

Yep, it's Dark Angels.
    all these tanks look great, but i gotta be honest about how difficult it is to be patiently waiting for my legion's turn. XVIII in the Emperor's scheme, but I in my heart

Chaplain

Thanks Machinator, am thinking once i finish the Excorsist im working on puting your conversion parts on it to replace them fuel tanks and engine just to change it more, can and probably will buy more parts for the Salamanders tank im going to start around xmas.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    Thanks Machinator, am thinking once i finish the Excorsist im working on puting your conversion parts on it to replace them fuel tanks and engine just to change it more, can and probably will buy more parts for the Salamanders tank im going to start around xmas.
    Sounds good Sister. Hopefully by then I'll have the big flamethrower cannon done too. I may build another fuel tank as well to hold all that extra promethium
    http://stores.ebay.com/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry

Librarian

Its a pity that the Night Lords and White Scars can not get Fell Blades (refer Warhammer 30,000 codex).

They apparently shun the use of Super heavies. Their fighting style is more hit and run, so use bikes, land speeders and assault troops more. Maybe design something like the Blood Angels "baby thunderhawk" for deploying troops, or give them an open topped vehicle like the Elysian drop troop's Taurus Venator.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    Its a pity that the Night Lords and White Scars can not get Fell Blades (refer Warhammer 30,000 codex).

They apparently shun the use of Super heavies. Their fighting style is more hit and run, so use bikes, land speeders and assault troops more. Maybe design something like the Blood Angels "baby thunderhawk" for deploying troops, or give them an open topped vehicle like the Elysian drop troop's Taurus Venator.
    A fan-made codex is hardly canon.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    A fan-made codex is hardly canon.
    But they have a point, it would not suit the fighting style of those Chapters/Legions. I probably would have put the Raven Guard and maybe the Alpha Legion on the list as well.

Corax would certainly not use one in his legion, it would not be able to to be employed using his rapid flowing style of hit and run combat, and Jaghati Khan developed his legions fighting style from the skirmish tactics employed by the plains dwelling nomads of his home world.

If you want cannon, then FellBlades are not an official Apocalypse unit/ formation anyway. It was designed as a way to allow Marines and Traitor Marines to have access to Super Heavy tanks. You would even have to eliminate the Forge world models, not mentioned in the 2 Official Apocalypse books.

Basically, they are not fast vehicles used by the bike/skirmish/ hit and run legions/chapters. These chapters would use thunderhawk gunships, and other fast moving fliers, or fast tanks fitted with turbo chargers or something similar. They may have even developed a walker similar to a knights Titan or smaller.

Personally I cannot see legions like the Night Lords, or the Alpha Legion using a slow super heavy tank. Alpha Legion depend on ambush and stealth The night Lords use night combat and fast strikes combined with senseless violence to scare the enemy into jumping at shadows and lower enemy morale, double the guards on strategic assets and spread their forces too thinly to cover everything. I believe they mention Fear is their main weapon in the fluff for them. Although a huge tank can cause fear, it is by no means easy to move around and strike at the enemy at a dozen different locations through out the night. The enemy could easily track it down and take it out with their big guns and tanks.

Librarian

I wouldn't think that a preferred fighting style would preclude the use of any weapons available to a legion and it is legions we're talking about. A primarch would realise that although they preferred to fight in a particular style, and you're absolutely right that the Raven Guard, Night Lords, White Scars and Alpha Legion all have distinctive styles that they're known for using, that there would be battles that could not be won without the use of certain types of weapon. The legions were expected to be almost independent fighting armies that could conquer entire systems, fellblades aren't massively different in application to other heavy armour which the legions had and used so it's not inconceivable that Corax, for example, used them in conjunction with hit and run raids - they'd be a hell of a thing to draw enemy away from your secondary target whilst also destroying the first or that any of the other legions had them but just used them less often than legions like the Iron Warriors or Imperial Fists.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

So a Stormblade with Plasma Sponsons?

Alec

The Biggest Apocalypse Battle in History - January 22nd, 2011 at all 4 US Battle Bunkers!

[url="http://www.apocalypse40k.com/"][/url]

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast