BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

It's so good, and yes I agree with the others Machinator that I would gladly pay for a set of those resin accessories to build my own Fellblades.

Its just too cool of an idea not to. I'm also dreaming of what your Iron Hands Fellblade will have. I would expect some fairly exotic main weaponry with thier Mechanicus ties. Maybe almost a "Pocket Ordinatus" as a general theme

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

Thanks Big Red. More than likely I'll be adding the turrets and at least a few other pieces to my eBay store but I need to tweak the mold a little first. Also I want to build some weapons for them so that they can be used for other 28mm scale wargames.

So this brings us on to Fellblade #2. After taking a quick poll on another site the overwhelming response was that people wanted to see a Fellblade from the Imperial Fists. Now this one I had been planning to hold off for a little bit as my idea for it was rather more complicated than the first. But I bowed to the fans and started work.

Now the Imperial Fists are renowned for their expertise at siege warfare so it would make sense that their Fellblade would reflect this characteristic. This train of thought lead me back a couple of decades to an insane super-heavy GW put out for Epic that was beyond ridiculous in the amount of firepower it carried. We're talking two turrets each armed with heavy cannons and four sponsons loaded with weapons. I am of course talking about the Stormhammer.

First up I needed to make a medium sized turret that would allow me to fit two onto this beast. So as before I build another one out of plasticard that turned out about the same size as the current Baneblade turret. The weapon mount I kept the same as the larger main turret as I needed something wide enough for two battlecannon sized weapons.

Chaplain

Next up was the cannon. This was made using a number of plastic tubes of different diameter that I shaped on a drill using some chisels. Simple but it worked.

Now it was time to begin assembling the beast called Iron Breaker. In order to fit both turrets onto the chassis I first needed to raise and push back the main turret mount about a half inch. This of course required a lot of hacking and sawing of the top chassis to get it all to work. Then using some of the bits left over from the hack job I pushed the old demolisher mount forward until it was even with the front (don't worry, that demolisher size hole in the front isn't getting a demolisher). I now had enough room to mount the two turrets in a staggered pattern such that one could fire over the other. Now I just have a lot of filling in to do....

Call me ignorant but when were the SM chapters allowed to have super heavy tanks? I've never known the SM chapters to have access to these types of armored vehicles. Please educate me. Tho I very much like the convo/kitbash and the paint job, very very nice indeed.
    Respects, Emperorsaxe

Veteran-Sergeant

Pre-Heresy, and no one stops them having them now they just don't usually fit with their fighting methods.

Also the Fellblades so far= Awesome, if adding 'Very' to the front of that word didn't make me sound like some douche from Jersey Shore then I'd say that as well

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by emperorsaxe View Post
    Call me ignorant but when were the SM chapters allowed to have super heavy tanks? I've never known the SM chapters to have access to these types of armored vehicles. Please educate me. Tho I very much like the convo/kitbash and the paint job, very very nice indeed.
    Respects, Emperorsaxe
    Yes, as mentioned they were around during the Heresy. The fluff I'm going by is that the original legions may still have one or two hidden away in the armory that they only bring out for special occassions

Here's a link on them that gives some good background:

[url]http://s15.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Crusade/ar/t252.htm[/url]

Like the twin turret design. I once did a land raider that way using predator annhialator turrets.

Brother-Sergeant

Damn have to go and buy some more baneblades this is to good not to build some up

How the hell do you cut the parts so accurate do you start with a plan or just go with the flow

Librarian

This is fantastic. Officially the first Lounge of Lost Souls thread I've subscribed to.

Man, I love the way your casts are turning out! I think I need more practice...

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast