BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnar42 View Post
    Damn have to go and buy some more baneblades this is to good not to build some up

How the hell do you cut the parts so accurate do you start with a plan or just go with the flow
    Usually I cut the plastic by hand and fill in the gaps with putty but I cheated a bit this time. I recently got a miniature table saw that has made cutting multiple pices of plastic to the same dimension so much easier. As for a plan, it's mostly in my head.

OK, time for another update on Iron Breaker. I finally finished the top of the new chassis, just need to give it some detail now. To help even out the additional height of the rear turret mount I raised up the rear sponsons about a 1/4 of an inch. The engine was quite a bit of work but luckily I had some Shadowsword bits laying around that filled the hole nicely. It too was raised up a bit giving the engine a larger look. Still a lot to do....

So what do you think, is five twin-linked heavy bolters enough?

Brother-Sergeant

Cant wait to see what you will come up with for the Sons of Russ
    Five twin linked bolters and four sets of twinlinked multi meltas two sets of twinlinked battle cannons sounds about spot on to me.

Can see I will have to get back into resin casting when I was playing around with it years ago was messy expensive and air bubbles were a problem but ur stuff looks clean and crisp.

Hope you put those fuel tanks on ebay I am in the middle of a Levithan and those would fill in the back corners very nicely. Soon as I get next weeks pay check going to buying some of the stuff you have listed.

Seeing this had inspired me to scratch build one for my Squats Apoc force
    Last edited by Grimnar42; 10-22-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Nice touch with the twinlinked multimeltas on the side there...
    And like everyone else I'm really looking forward to see the Space Wolves thing...
    Spelling errors are free of charge...

Adeptus Custodes

the 4 main guns make it look like a battleship
    More Necromunda please.

Chaplain

Cant wait to see what you will come up with for the Sons of Russ
    Five twin linked bolters and four sets of twinlinked multi meltas two sets of twinlinked battle cannons sounds about spot on to me.

Can see I will have to get back into resin casting when I was playing around with it years ago was messy expensive and air bubbles were a problem but ur stuff looks clean and crisp.

Hope you put those fuel tanks on ebay I am in the middle of a Levithan and those would fill in the back corners very nicely. Soon as I get next weeks pay check going to buying some of the stuff you have listed.

Seeing this had inspired me to scratch build one for my Squats Apoc force
    Thanks Grimnar. I should have some of these parts in my store in the near future but if you don't want to wait that long send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

As for the secret to getting an air bubble free cast I cure the resin in a pressure vessel at 40 psi. This causes the small air bubbles to dissolve into the resin giving you a clean cast.

Brother-Sergeant

Are you talking curing in a positive pressure because all the blurb at the time was curing in a vacumn low pressure container which was my problem didnt want to got to all the expense of buying manufactoring a vacumn container but a positive pressure vessel is easier I have most of the gear needed to make one.

Chaplain

Are you talking curing in a positive pressure because all the blurb at the time was curing in a vacumn low pressure container which was my problem didnt want to got to all the expense of buying manufactoring a vacumn container but a positive pressure vessel is easier I have most of the gear needed to make one.
    Positive pressure is what I use but both do work. A vacuum will pull the air out of the resin while positive pressure will dissolve it into the resin (kind of like soda pop). Vacuum is the better sytem to use but as you pointed out it's more expensive to set up. My rig is just a heavt duty paint sprayer vessel with fittings to hook it to a pancake air compressor. Real simple but very effective.

Are... you really paying some 400+ dollars on seven different Baneblades chassis? Or do you have some discount that you are getting them cheaper for? I mean, awesome project, but wow. *laugh*

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by artemi View Post
    Are... you really paying some 400+ dollars on seven different Baneblades chassis? Or do you have some discount that you are getting them cheaper for? I mean, awesome project, but wow. *laugh*
    Nah, I would never pay retail price for GW stuff if I can avoid it I actually been buying just the parts I need of eBay through auctions and Buy Now. There are two or three bitz stores out there that offer very reasonable prices. On a good day I can get all the stuff I need for about half to a third of the retail cost.

Plus all of these will be for sale with the posible exception of the Salamander one (I need that for my army ) so I'll recup the parts cost.
    Last edited by Machinator; 10-25-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Librarian

So for got to ask you how much would it cost to commission the tank if I cant find the time to work on it

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast