BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Dark Eldar and Soul Stones?

So following the tip to the preorders posted by Eldargal, Ive been looking at the new minis and trying to decide whether i should sell my car or my kidney to buy all the new models ... when i noticed that the Archon and the Incubi all have soulstones attached to their armor.

I'm not 100% on the fluff, but isnt the DE's schtick that they DON'T try and hide their souls from Slaanesh in any sort of Infinity Circuit?

I'd say they were captured trophies (indeed, some do appear that way) - but for both models there are soulstones quite clearly attached by cables to the armor. They do, however, look cracked - but are still painted brightly, implying they're still active.

At best, I can imagine this is some sort of weird 'channeling the power of a fallen foe' thing ...

Apparently the upper class of Dark Eldar use captured soulstones to fuel their abilities and as a mark of status.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Initiate

Yes.
    Plus they-re eating souls instead of using soulstones.
    Oh oh, and dont forget about using soulstones as horrorfexes!

They are not soul stones.
    They are more of a classic Eldar Blip.
    They represent some sort of universal translator device as the Dark Eldar would not lower themselves to speak aloud the language of 'lower' races ... the cable attached to the armour is part of the sound system.

The Dark Mechanic

This thread is neither news nor rumour. It would appear to be in the wrong section of the forum and would be more for the 40K Background area. As for discussing the Dark Eldar release, there's [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10475"]already a thread for that here[/URL].
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Scorpion View Post
    This thread is neither news nor rumour. It would appear to be in the wrong section of the forum and would be more for the 40K Background area. As for discussing the Dark Eldar release, there's [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10475"]already a thread for that here[/URL].
    Welcome to 10 days ago there, skipper.

Chaplain

Just read the new WD. According to it the Craftworld Eldar are mortal and use the spirirt stones to capture their souls when they die. Dark Eldar on the other hand, feed off of the life essence of those they torture and humiliate and gain a form of immortality.
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    Just read the new WD. According to it the Craftworld Eldar are mortal and use the spirirt stones to capture their souls when they die. Dark Eldar on the other hand, feed off of the life essence of those they torture and humiliate and gain a form of immortality.
    Yup.

Some Dark Eldar, particularly Vect, claim to have been around since The Fall.

Dark Eldar are the longest lived race due to their virtual immortality, barring Necrons of course.

Thats debateable BuFFo... after all, are necrons alive or just animate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Thats debateable BuFFo... after all, are necrons alive or just animate?
    That's a complex one. You wouldn't disagree that Lords and Immortals are sentient, and that they are composed of living metal. However, given that they are entirely synthetic without any metabolic processes it would be more appropriate to say that they 'function' as opposed to 'live'. But I agree with BuFFo, in that they are the longest 'surviving' species in the 40k universe. Or maybe there are some Slann who are still alive . . .
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast