BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Default If you could be anyone in 40k...

Restarting this old thread, because I don't feel like necroposting (or looking back to find the old one).

If you could be anything in 40k, what would you be, and why did you choose that over all the other various things you could have been?

* No special characters, please... they end up being a bit overdone.

To start it off:

I'd be an Imperial Psyker. Sure, I could be a Sister of Battle... but I doubt I'd be religious enough for the position. And a Guardswoman would probably mean that I die a horrible death in the meat grinder wars the Imperium has to fight. A female Space Marine would probably piss the other Space Marines off (Which might be worth it...). And I don't think I'd really want to be one of the other races save for maybe an Ork-- Eldar have to live a life of extreme inhibitions, Tau are deeply segregated, Necrons are Necrons, and Tyranids barely think to begin with. An Ork might be interesting, but even then I don't necessarily love fighting enough to be a proper Ork.

While being an Imperial Psyker wouldn't be the most pleasant thing to be sure, at the very least I'd probably be off of the battle lines-- unless I somehow became a Battle Psyker, in which case I'd hopefully be able to use my powers to regenerate any wounds I took anyway (biomancy). I'd have to be particularly careful with my powers in order to prevent daemonic possession mind you... but having to always be on guard sounds better than suffering in the polluted, unforgiving factories or deadly, monster-filled warzones at any rate.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

A Dark Apostle of the Word Bearers Legion.

To have such a certainty of purpose, but with none of the moral restraints of the Imperium's lackeys, would be wonderful.

Anyway all the girls love a bad biy, and few are badder than a Dark Apostle - all he needs to be irresistable is a big bike...

Hmm interesting one

I want to say something liek a space marine chaplain or something, but thats a bit like boring or obvious. (also i know how much u dislike marines lol )

so based on that i think i would have to be either an eldar warlock/farseer. Being able to control Psychic powers would be very cool.

or an ork or "combat" guardsmen. by that i mean anything that is facing the odds yet proves themselves time and time again. anything up for a decent scrap yet maintains a level of purpose.

Brother-Captain

I'd be a pilot of some sort, probably a Thunderhawk transport pilot.

Otherwise I'd be a heretical mad scientist.

Librarian

I would love to be a Space Marine Apothecary*, (Perhaps Dreaddy Apoth), Nothing is more badass than a combat medic, and Apothecaries are Combat Medics for teh Marines!!!

*Dark Angels of Course, Have to root out the *Censored* by any means at my disposal!
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest.

More likely I'd end up in the Death Company on my first day, but otherwise it's awesome because I am the healer who can own the baddies just as well as anyone I'm healing. I prove my power not by fighting, but by actively doing something else.

A fat, happy, well-to-do bureaucrat on Terra, blissfully unaware that the galaxy is falling apart, and safe on the most heavily fortified planet in the galaxy.

...What?

definately a chaplain of sorts, interrogator- chaplain why not? just to have that jealous quality to charge face/fist first into the front line bringing squads of others with you.

I hope this is not part of a psychology dissertation!

A Deff Skull Mekaniak. Tinkerin' wiv da looted stock to build myself a super choppy shooty little gargant to stomp around in.

Techpriest or a rogue trader for sure.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast