BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Bigred's Mystery Revealed

I thought you'd like this.

Me last night at the[URL="http://www.saltlickbbq.com/"] Salt Lick[/URL], the best BBQ joint in Texas. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigred-bbq.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	774  
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

Very cool. You have your own brand of Carnifex proxies.

Jesus christ! Its a cow on a plate!

In this country you'd pay the cost of a 40k army for that much meat........
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Fly Lord

And to think they charge $18.95 USD and will refill that plate as much as you want till they have to roll you out.

You Americans would be stunned if you knew how much we pay for food in this country. A couple of years ago we thought there might be a Supermarket War the likes of which have never been seen here when Wallmart came over and bought a big chain called ASDA. Prices were set to plumet to the levels that you guys pay for grocerys but it never happened. I guess Wallmart figured if we were stupid enough to pay double the price Americans pays for everything they might as well rip us off too.

For whats on that plate you'd spend £50 -£60 and sure as hell wouldn't get no re-fill.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Is also the reason why a lot of Americans are fat too so there are pros and cons of both

First-Captain

@Bigred--if there's one thing you Texas know how to do--it's bbq up some meat. Hands down.

But we Chicagoans have you beat cleanly on pizza.

@Aldy--I got married & honeymooned in Ireland. The cost of eating out was mind-blowing, for certain. Freaking VAT...

@Darkwynn--I'm fairly well certain that's not even a minor factor in american obesity. Perhaps the fact that you can get disgusting McDonald's fried food for much cheaper than you could a more healthy option, like grilled chicken, plays a larger part. Or the fact that we drive *everywhere* (which, to be fair, you Texans have more of a need to--sheesh, is anything close together in Texas???) when walking would be just fine.

But that's really a topic for another day and a different forum...

Chapter-Master

I have wanted BigRed in my throat for years, and now I REALLY want some BigRed in me!!!

Fly Lord

@Scadugenga, you got me there. I love me some authentic Chicago pies!

@Buffo - And now[URL="http://www.bigred.com/"] you can[/URL]

PS, your comment and avatar combo disturb me

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    And to think they charge $18.95 USD and will refill that plate as much as you want till they have to roll you out.
    So do cows grow on trees over there? That plate of steak looks delicious, I'm going to go have a roast beef sandwich. No BigRed though

They've started doing this thing in Australian supermarkets where one chocolate bar is $1.95 but two is $3.00. My mate at work used to live in the US and he said it reminds him of the way they sell food over there. Pretty soon everyone in Australia is going to be fat because we're getting American style food retail. Everything bad for you is becoming cheap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast