BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DE Arcane Wargear

So I was perusing through the codex at my FLGS (Pandemonium) and was looking at some of the pretty cool Arcane Wargear available to haemonculi. A lot of it is pretty out there rules wise and not the most reliable on the best of days, but I was wondering what people's thoughts were on the different items? I'll happily include the other haemonculi-related wargear even if it's not specified as arcane as well. Some of the more mind-fornicating entries i found to throw your opponents off include:

Crucible of Malediction: 3d6" Ld check bubble for psykers or removed from play

Archangel of Pain: 3d6" Ld check bubble for anyone or else WS1 I1 for the following turn

Flesh Gauntlet: Poisoned CC wep (4+) that causes instant death

Hexrifle: Assault 1 Sniper Rifle, AP4, 36", models suffering an unsaved wound by the rifle take a Wounds test. If failed, remove from play with no saves of any kind allowed. (Hello Daemon Princes and Greater Daemons. You have Eternal Warrior? You still dead)

Talk about really getting inside your opponents head with a relatively cheap piece of wargear. I believe the most expensive of the bunch tops out around 20 points, maybe 25. So they're all pretty reasonable. I could easily see myself spreading some cheap Haemonculi/wracks around with hexrifles just to try to get inside people's heads. And they're Assault 1!!!

Post other ones you think are great and comment on how you might use some in your army!

Lady Malys
    Haemonculus, Crucible of Malediction, Flesh Gauntlet
    5x Incubi
    Raider with Torment Grenade Launcher

Would use as a psyker buster unit. get the raider into position, fire the Torment Grenades to reduce the target's Ld and then trigger the Crucible to take the psyker out. If that doesn't work you can then hop out of the raider and take out the target with out fear of psychic powers.

This could work well against Hive Tyrants, Eldrad, or Rune Priests with Jaws of The World Wolf.

Haemonculus- Archangel of Pain, Flesh Gauntlet
    10x Wytch Squad

Get into combat, switch on the Archangel and start beating face

Haemonculus, Archangel of Pain, Flesh Gauntlet
    2x Chronos Parasite Engines

The Pain Train, trigger the archangel, send in the Chronos units and start cranking out the pain tokens

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrimaneus View Post
    Crucible of Malediction: 3d6" Ld check bubble for psykers or removed from play
    Funny, as this is a nerfed version of the Malediction in the current DE codex...

I really like the Hexrifles.... They are my new favorite toy.

Chaplain

Is the crucible a Ld Test or a Psychic test?
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    Is the crucible a Ld Test or a Psychic test?
    Leadership Test. Which is too bad because a lot of psychers are LD 9 or 10, and failing one of those is not exactly common. No saves, and it can hit a big range, but it could also hit 3" :P

Too unpredictable for my tastes.

Scissorhand is still cool. 3+ Poison with an extra CC attack. Take a small unit of Grots with an Aberration with a Scissorhand. Add a Haemi in and the unit gets FNP and Furious Charge from the start of the game. Our good friend the Aberration gets 7 Attacks on the charge hitting on 4s, wounding on 3s with rerolls.

Liquifier guns and Hexrifles are solid too.

Chapter-Master

Yeah Crucibles too weak for me. Nearly every phyker in the game is LD10. And with a random area of effect, and it being only 1 use means you could theoretically you only get 1 3" area of the guy using it....hardly scary.

Hex rifles are cool, but not sure how effective it'll be against big things....sure you wound and hit easy enough, but big things have multiple wounds...yes the ability to insta-kill is wonderful, but MC's can have 4-5 wounds giving you a low chance to kill. Against gargantuan reatures its even worse cos they have more wounds and are only wounded on a 6 from a sniper....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Well that at least means my nids synapse are safe. Yay for Fearlessness
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Chapter-Master

Doesn't matter if you're fearless. Still need to take a test, and still gone if you fail. Same as mindwarring somehing that fearless...its still got a leadership value
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    Yay for Fearlessness
    It's a leadership test, not a moral test. They still have to take it.

Some of the gear seems like it could be pretty good.
    The crusible with a torrment launcher is an alright combo. It's not a sure thing, but it's cheap enough that you might as well include it.

I also like the shattershard and orb of dispair. Sometimes they'll let you down, but if you can pull off the right tricks, you're golden (these can have some real potential in pairs-tournies).
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Yeah Crucibles too weak for me. Nearly every phyker in the game is LD10. And with a random area of effect, and it being only 1 use means you could theoretically you only get 1 3" area of the guy using it....hardly scary.

Hex rifles are cool, but not sure how effective it'll be against big things....sure you wound and hit easy enough, but big things have multiple wounds...yes the ability to insta-kill is wonderful, but MC's can have 4-5 wounds giving you a low chance to kill. Against gargantuan reatures its even worse cos they have more wounds and are only wounded on a 6 from a sniper....
    Personally im going to be using this gun against things like nobz and other tough, low-multi-wound critters...

Against the bigger critters, i'll stick to my agonisers, they have yet to let me down...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast