BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    It's a leadership test, not a moral test.
    ... Well that just sucks.
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Chapter-Master

Good thing is Hemos come in squads of 3 i think? So can get a good variety of wargear, but can see them being overloaded too much

Crucible, even with lowering LD first is just too hit and miss for me. You could get a tiny blast and kill nothing, in which case thats 20-30pts that could be spent elsewhere

But other end of stick could put them against a jetbike seer council (orthe 2000pt seer council i use in Apoc) and kill them all!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Im not sure if it is a nerf Buffo. Seems more like a rework, the range is now a lot shorter, but it does have the potential to kill multiple psykers now.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vindur View Post
    Im not sure if it is a nerf Buffo. Seems more like a rework, the range is now a lot shorter, but it does have the potential to kill multiple psykers now.
    Before it affected the entire table, and even gave additional -1 modifiers to the test made if you got closer.

Now, you have to be close to a psyker, and only if you are extremely lucky, and your opponent extremely stupid, they'll be more than one psyker clumped together for whatever reason. You still get no modifiers from the item by itself.

Yeah people online are going to spout "seer councils". whatever. Depends on your local metagame. In my area, there are no seer councils, so for me, it is a nerf.

Anyway, I never took that piece of crap, so I most definitely won't be taking it now. Maybe for you, or other players, it will work out! More power to you!
    Last edited by BuFFo; 10-22-2010 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Good thing is Hemos come in squads of 3 i think? So can get a good variety of wargear, but can see them being overloaded too much
    No, no squads for the haemos, however you are allowed 3 haemos per HQ slot (and a single haemoculus ancient upgrade in the army).

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrimaneus View Post
    Crucible of Malediction: 3d6" Ld check bubble for psykers or removed from play

Is this a shooting attack/does it need LOS? Hopefully (for me) it is, otherwise this seems like a pretty nasty way to remove Psykers in transports.

Mycroft

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Is this a shooting attack/does it need LOS? Hopefully (for me) it is, otherwise this seems like a pretty nasty way to remove Psykers in transports.

Mycroft
    It's essentially template, so no, shouldn't need LOS, but I doubt we're going to have another Doom of Malan'tai on our hands. It shouldn't affect psykers in vehicles.

Chaplain

The hexrifle. Does it not cause instant death? it just removes all their wounds?
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    The hexrifle. Does it not cause instant death? it just removes all their wounds?
    Neither, it just removes the model from play, regardless of eternal warrior, inv saves or any other gimmick to stay alive.

That being said, its a single shot weapon, and if you don't get the rending, then the chances of actually doing anything with it are slim.

however, we're all forgetting the most important part about all this arcane wargear. The effect it has on your opponent's playstyle! I guarantee you when you explain the "remove from play" to a tyranid or Chaos player they're going to play you differently. That "remove from play" is going to make them use their Daemon Princes much differently. The psychological effect of some of this stuff, for 15-20 points, on top of the chance of them actually doing what they can, can be pretty game-changing. Like having a tyranid player spread out his synapse a lot will give you a better opportunity to interfere with that bubble. Or getting a seer council to act less aggressively. Lots of cool things!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast