BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DE wave 1.5 up for pre-order

The next bunch of models are up on the GW site:

All previewed, no new surprises

• Ravager (£30) quite a bit more expensive than the raider but appears to come with both raider frames based on the sprue pictures on the site so should result in lots of spare bits.
    • Hellions (£15 for 5) not a massive variety based on the sprue pictures but so much cheaper and better looking than the old ones. (I might upgrade some more of my ork stormboys to be ork surferboyz)
    • Mandrakes (£18 for 5 w/ 3 different metal model designs) cool looking models, shame their rules aren't so inspiring
    • Urien Rakarth (£8) This guy is a steal for what you get compared to other metal characters and is going to be used as a regular haemonculus in my army. I can see this guy appearing on plenty of chaos armies.
    • Limited edition webway portal (£6) totally not essential but looks pretty good. Might pick one up just in case I find a use for it in a future conversion.

There you have it, all the dark eldar models we can expect for the time being. Not many character options yet but all three main choices are represented if you use the two specials as regular succubus and haemonculus.

I'll be getting most of these kits eventually except maybe the mandrakes because I'm converting some female versions for my army. Although even these will probably find their way into my collection as wrack conversions.

I'm probably going to get a couple of ravagers to use as raiders just for the extra sprues.
    Last edited by isotope99; 10-19-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Battle-Brother

Is it me or do the webway portals seem very similar to the vortex grenades? Guessing they didn't sell so well so with a little bit of repainting............presto chango! lol.

Heheh yeah, the WWP dome is something of a lotdown, although the commoragh you can see in it is pretty cool.

Im happy about the price of the hellions, I was honestly expecting them to be a bit higher... and I need 15 of them

*Edit*

Your link seems to have broked

Heres a new one:

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameSt yle=wh40k[/url]

Librarian

Default DE chicks!

they also updated the DE chick slaves, with a painted pic instead of their metal models

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    they also updated the DE chick slaves, with a painted pic instead of their metal models
    Ouch

New to Monday nights, "When cosmetic surgery goes wrong"

Battle-Brother

aagh picasso goes to comoraggh

The Dark Mechanic

Is it me or do the webway portals seem very similar to the vortex grenades? Guessing they didn't sell so well so with a little bit of repainting............presto chango! lol.
    On the contrary, Vortex Grenade templates sold out so fast it would make Tzeentch have trouble coping with the sudden change and the first week after they sold out they fetched a pretty penny on eBay. However, the Portal is clearly the same type of metal dome with a different paint job.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Librarian

Default Los?

does that template block LOS? if so how high is it? it's been a VERY long time since i've seen someone pop that kind of template out :P

I don;t know if they block LOS but the vortex template is 1.5" tall.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Ouch

New to Monday nights, "When cosmetic surgery goes wrong"
    Yeeeesh. You have a choice between ugly and butch. The DE need to take better prisoners!

Further proof old GW really couldn't sculpt women....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast