BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Nah I was speaking to one of my friends (small game store owner), hes the one who told me the second main wave will be released early next year, according to the main GW supplier.
    Thankyou, Mal.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

The Dark Mechanic

New Webway Portal news from GW on today's What's New Today [url=http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=13600038a]at this link[/url]. Unfortunately, there's nothing about allocating more to the North American web store.
    STOP PRESS: The Dark Eldar Webway Portal has now sold out on the web in the US (it's only been on sale for 48hours!). If you're in Europe or Australia I'd suggest ordering one now before it's too late for you too.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    But anyway. Any news on Wave 2? Surely there's gotta be some chatter out there for when Wracks, Grotesques, other SC's, the Venom, Talos, Cronos, Voidraven Bomber, Ravenwing Fighter, Beastmasters and beasts, and other HQ options (Archon Retinue?) come out, right?
    Venom kit already exists... it's the Vyper (or the top turret of the Fire Prism), plus some extra Raider/Ravager bitz and a splinter cannon or two from your Warriors. Done and done.

The grotesques were released earlier this year... GW just mislabeled them Minotaurs. The models are pretty grotesque looking!

Wracks could be a kitbash unit...

Pretty sure the Talos and Cronos will be one plastic kit... that'd be pretty sweet. Hopefully the same with the two flyers... although they could very well just not release models for those.

Beastmaster beasts I'd like to see, but from what I've seen of their stats, you may as well use a combination of the Tyranid and Daemon ranges. Should do you just fine. Add a Hellion for the Beastmaster, and you're good.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    Venom kit already exists... it's the Vyper (or the top turret of the Fire Prism), plus some extra Raider/Ravager bitz and a splinter cannon or two from your Warriors. Done and done.

The grotesques were released earlier this year... GW just mislabeled them Minotaurs. The models are pretty grotesque looking!

Wracks could be a kitbash unit...

Pretty sure the Talos and Cronos will be one plastic kit... that'd be pretty sweet. Hopefully the same with the two flyers... although they could very well just not release models for those.

Beastmaster beasts I'd like to see, but from what I've seen of their stats, you may as well use a combination of the Tyranid and Daemon ranges. Should do you just fine. Add a Hellion for the Beastmaster, and you're good.

That's all well and good, but whenever possible I like to use original GW kits for things as big as Venoms and Talos/Cronos, as well as the flyers. I can understand the Grotesques and Wracks being kitbashed and I've already seen some interesting takes on them, but I've also seen the art in the DE book and I really like the way they look in the artwork, so I'd love to get my hands on some actual models that didn't require bitsmashing.

In the end, I'm most worried about the Archon Retinue and Beastmaster Beasts. I'm praying they get actual kits, even if they're metal, because the Sslyth really sound awesome, and I'd hate to have to kitbash that because I know I wouldn't do it justice.

And the Venom is something else entirely. I've heard a lot of people talking about kitbashing the Vyper and all that, but I have a feeling the Venom itself is supposed to look very different from that, and using an Eldar Vyper would really stand out from the sharp, convex look of the Dark Eldar vehicles and armor. It'd stand out like a sore thumb that's been dipped in liquid fire and put in the spotlight.

Ultimately I can convert/sculpt pretty much anything I want for my army... but I don't want to do this as the new GW plastics always look better (im good, but im not that good).

Then of course you have people who cannot do conversions or sculpting... what are they to do? what about people who can't afford to buy 3-4 kits to make as single squad?

It is for these reasons that GW should do a kit for such essential units...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    And the Venom is something else entirely. I've heard a lot of people talking about kitbashing the Vyper and all that, but I have a feeling the Venom itself is supposed to look very different from that, and using an Eldar Vyper would really stand out from the sharp, convex look of the Dark Eldar vehicles and armor. It'd stand out like a sore thumb that's been dipped in liquid fire and put in the spotlight.
    The picture in codex is JUST a Vyper with a spiky platform on the back with a few guys hanging off. The fluff for it even talks about some vehicle blueprints being common across both types of eldar. It IS a Vyper....just DEified
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

A vyper plus spare bits from the new ravager (of which there will be lots as it looks like it comes with the second raider frame) should do just fine and not be too hard to make or ridiculously expensive (assuming you actually want a ravager).

The similarity to the eldar Vyper in the codex picture points to no new model for this entry.

Well, Jes Goodwin has apparently confirmed that the Venom is getting a kit at some point in the future. Interview with him in the November White Dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    A vyper plus spare bits from the new ravager (of which there will be lots as it looks like it comes with the second raider frame) should do just fine and not be too hard to make or ridiculously expensive (assuming you actually want a ravager).

The similarity to the eldar Vyper in the codex picture points to no new model for this entry.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well, Jes Goodwin has apparently confirmed that the Venom is getting a kit at some point in the future. Interview with him in the November White Dwarf.
    Will be looking forward to reading that!

I'll take another look at those pictures in the Codex when I get a chance. it still feels like heresy using an Eldar Vyper to make a very Dark Eldar vehicle, especially since most of the Dark Eldar stuff really does look leagues different from any Eldar stuff. Yeah, some vehicles share similar frames (jetbikes, for example) but the whole theme and style is a big step apart.

Also I'm really bad at kitbashing vehicles...

So, apparently Urien Rakarth, the Hellions, Mandrakes and Ravager are not wave 1.5, its just part of the initial release, and wave 1.5 is coming sometime next year with wave 2 who knwos when.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123