BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

As a Daemon player, my best tarpit units are Plaguebearers squads of any size.
    Everything is better with bacon!

Howsa' bout fortuned farseer squad on jetbikes? I'm only just becoming acquainted with Eldar but I am pretty sure with a few wargear options it's possible to have and entire squad with a rerollable 3+ invulnerable save. Now that's what I call a tarpit.

Default Tarpits

Sisters of Battle make excellent tarpit units. They will rarely win any cc but with the ability to get invul saves and the book of st. lucius it means they are stupidly hard to get rid off.

The units big enough to work as tarpits have a hard time getting off the invuln. save. About the only safe bet is using Litanies of Faith from a Cannoness.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by evil_bryan View Post
    As a Daemon player, my best tarpit units are Plaguebearers squads of any size.
    Try Nurglings. They're greatly amusing, especially if you manage to tie up something like Assault Terminators for a couple rounds of combat. Your thunder hammers help you not!

Battle-Brother

My 30 boy ork squads with power klaw and my friends dred/ defilers enjoy retarded game long slug fests of stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by yesitdoesindeedhurt View Post
    Sisters of Battle make excellent tarpit units. They will rarely win any cc but with the ability to get invul saves and the book of st. lucius it means they are stupidly hard to get rid off.
    Sisters of Battle are the absolute best tar pit unit in the game. They can have 20-man squads, a 3+ Invulnerable save (or become Fearless) when they need it and they are essentially Stubborn (or better than Stubborn).

In 4E, I used them as a cattle guard for my IG gunline.

-- mkerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Brother-Sergeant

I got a vanguard squad tied up with a chaos drednought for the majority of a game. Vanguard even had a TH but couldn't manage to take it down untill they had blown both arms off the thing and finally immobilized it. A Venerable dreadnought in CC for marines is something that I would consider to tie up units.
    Come all you Xeno scum and fallen heretics! Come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!

Chaplain

We don't really have one of those in the SM. Our "tarpit" unit is also our "hammer" unit (the thunder hammer/storm shield terminators), and it doesn't fill any of the roles a normal tarpit unit does.

-- Low model count
    -- High cost (relatively, anyway)
    -- Doesn't hold units in combat well (it tends to steamroll whatever it touches, heh).

www.evildice40k.com

You want a tarpit? Necron Scarabs. I usually ran a unit of 8 and they wouldn't die until turn 5 or 6. Loved Emperor Eternal, you can vouch for me on that one. Totally a pain in the arse? ::squeak squeak::

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast