BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

The king of all tar pit units the Plague marine. 3+ save with feel no pain yea gonna take a while to kill them

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Drax View Post
    The king of all tar pit units the Plague marine. 3+ save with feel no pain yea gonna take a while to kill them
    Depends. The best tarpit units are the ones with Invulnerable saves since they can attempt to save against things that would splatter Plague Marines all over the place. Even a single power fist equipped model can make things a bit difficult for the Death Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drax View Post
    This, good GOD this!

Now sure, as stated by Katie Drake, power weapon will negate both the 3+4+, but still, They are gonna hold something not monstrous up for a little bit.

A big batch of WON Gaunts in Synapse near your board edge can be essentially eternally in combat, like for 100000 turns.

I think the greatest tar pit is a Nice SoB squad....

Book of Saint Lucious means your leadership never wavers no matter how badly your being beat up on, and faith easilly turns a 3+ armor save into a 3+ inv...

I've had a squad sit in front of a Fex for close to 3 turns before being wiped out...

Scout

Default Wraithlord

Wraithlord Wraithlord Wraithlord. Wraithlord in close combat are tarpit central.

Plaguebearers end up doing most of my tar-pitting. High toughness, invul saves, FNP, and fearless: They'll last 2-3 turns against just about anything. Stick an icon in the pack and you set up an incoming "hammer" unit. Poisoned blades against opposing monstrous creatures is a nice little bonus. And of course, their status as troops means that in most missions an opponent has to do something about them.

Quote Originally Posted by NecronAbyss View Post
    You want a tarpit? Necron Scarabs. I usually ran a unit of 8 and they wouldn't die until turn 5 or 6. Loved Emperor Eternal, you can vouch for me on that one. Totally a pain in the arse? ::squeak squeak::
    You'd think so, right? But anything with strength 6+ just mashes the little bugs into paste and kills the rest with fearless wounds. Usually (but not always) units worth tarpitting will be able to eliminate swarms with ease.

Scout

Sister of battle cannoness with the book that ignores modifiers to leadership and artificer armor. For that matter anyone with the book in a sisters army can be a tarpit. As for the dreadnaught vs guants, I cant imagine why you wouldn't want to keep the dread locked up. I think that gaurdians with an avatar nearby is also a good tarpit unit.

Superbran

Battle-Brother

My favorite is a squad of 30 Guardsmen, 3 sargents with PW's and a Commisar with a PW. Not only is it a tarpit, but a tarpit with bite.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast