BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Not exactly a tar-pit unit...but if you ever get the chance. Charge the Avatar with a Lord of Change, I've done that twice against two different players and the one started on turn 2 and ended on turn 7, the other one started on turn 4 and didn't finish in the 6 turn game.

Or...20 man plaguebearer you charge something WITH 9 nurglings...the opponent gets an all hope is lost kind of thing.

Whenever I play against marines with a dreadnaught I always surround it with nurglings because its funny. He can shoot because he covered in little fungus things hehe.

In short, if you want to make an army of just frustrating to kill:
    Lord of Change and Great Unclean one
    Nurglings and Plaguebearers
    Soulgrinders

Those are my favorite pits

Chapter-Master

I played a casual 500pt game with my Grey Knights vs a friend's space marines. He had a Venerable Dreadnought, and the only stuff I had that could hurt is was my nemisis force weapons and psycannons. So, I avoided it, killing the rest of his stuff. Then, for fun, I charged his dread with all my remaining stuff. We played it out, starting turn 5 or 6. I didn't glance it do death until turn 11 or so.

Scout

As a long-time Necron player, I agree that scarabs make for a good "tar pit" unit. Yes, power-fisty types squash them quick. But they're great for running down a flank and tying up one of your opponent's not-so-tooled-up units that he was SURE was gonna make a quick grab for that objective, just to name one annoying use.

It goes without saying that a largish Necron Warrior unit (until they get rid of "We'll Be Back" ) can also tie up your opponent's close combat wackos for a verrrryyyy long time, but they're probably not in the spirit of a "cheap" unit at 18 points per.

Occuli Imperator

Oddly, my 10 man unit of wraithguard with a Warlock using enhance is a nice tarpit... Especially when fortuned. Other than that anything with mark of Nurgle, (Plaguebearers)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345