BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Best way to remove paint from a model

I have some tau fire warriors I built a few years ago and sense then my painting ability has improved. I want to repaint them but I'm worried about losing some of the smaller details on the models. Is there an effective method for removing old paint with out destroying the model?

Brake Fluid is what works best for me and plastic minis.... just don't try it on resin.

Andres

Battle-Brother

Cool. I'll have to give it a try.

I heard Nail Polish remover works good

If you want to strip the entire model, soak it in [URL="http://www.simplegreen.com/"]Simple Green[/URL].

Quote Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
    If you want to strip the entire model, soak it in [URL="http://www.simplegreen.com/"]Simple Green[/URL].
    This is what i use, i have done brake fluid in the past but the smell and clean up isn't worth it in my mind... and i hate the feeling it leaves on my skin...
    Last edited by Dan-e; 08-22-2009 at 04:19 PM.

Scout

If you want to strip the entire model, soak it in Simple Green.
    Which Simple Green?

Over here in the land of Oz one of our hardware chains sells so many different cleaners with the Simple Green logo.

the regular simple green works well and makes your models smell great!

So far in my quest for a paint scheme, I have painted the same cadian squad around 8 times? Ive actually lost count... Anyway, each time I decide I cannot make up my mind I use Simple Green to de-paint my mini's. And after 8 or so times through the green bath of death there is absolutely no loss of detail. Let your model sit in an undiluted bath of the stuff overnight, in the morning run the container under a stream of hot water from your sink/tub (the motion of the water does 90% of the work for you) then follow up with a very soft toothbrush to remove any stubborn paint from recessed areas.

In conclusion....
    Simple Green....its like a reset button for models.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
    This.

its cheap and works extremely well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast