BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 40K army

Played Space Marines ever since I first got in the hobby back in the RT days. Though been in an out. Dark Angels were my primary up until 3rd Ed. Since then Imperial Fists and now Crimson Fists. Also have about 2000 pts of orks that I have been having fun with and just for the heck of it started putting together some Nids.

Also have some square base stuff, dwarfs and Dark Elves, but they are mostly gathering dust right now with 40K being the main draw for me right now.

I started Eldar a few years back and didn't do well with them. I then moved to Templars and since then when I was bored of painting Templars I started Chaos marines and random bits and pieces everywhere. Then with the Release of Apocalypse I started Imperial guard with 5000pts in mind.

Veteran-Sergeant

I play Guard, and do so because I have played them for . . . oooo, 7 years now maybe, since third ed.

However, I originally played them because of the tanks, and also because it is nice to see an army of normal humans in such a diverse and conflicted universe, and because I didn't want to go down the route of: 'first army, marines'!

I play Imperial Guard and Inquisition. I love the uniqueness of Inquisition units, but they seem to be getting weaker with each new codex that is released. Imperial Guards as allies (or Imperial Guard with WH or DH allies) help shore up some of their weaknesses. Planetstrike has renewed my interest in a straight DH army though, so I may end up playing them a bit more in the next few months.

Veteran-Sergeant

C:SM, Dark Angels and Orks!

Always loved the fluff of DA's, codex marines gives me a bit more flexability and Orks are just plain fun!

Chaplain

I have several armies, but most of them are still in boxes unfortunately.

1. Space Marines - I love 'em, they're the icons of Warhammer 40,000.
    2. Orks - They're zany and fun.
    3. Imperial Guard - Still in boxes, but they're an army I've always wanted to try and with the new codex and such I figured now was as good a time as any to make my purchase.
    4. Tyranids - Still in boxes. To be perfectly honest I never really had much love for bugs (plastic or real), but with the release of Planetstrike they became more appealing as a fun army to play the role of attacker.

I have multiple armies for two reasons. One, It helps me to learn the game as a whole much better than what I would with a single army. Two, It's nice to switch things up and to also have something extra on hand for friends to use.

Eldar, Nids, Zoats, Genestealer Cult, Dark Eldar and Nercons. In this order

Starting a new IG army and Sisters of Battle

My aim is to have all the armies.

I field each army depending on my mood and who I'm playing. The most difficult part is keeping track of each armies specialties.

Scout

Blood Angels

necrons

Collected my Blood Angels for a long time. Started Building cubes for my necrons to symbolize destroyers and heavy destroyers and monoliths . I'm really happy with my decision for necrons!!! I made a killer spider destroyer lord who's my favorite model ever! Gettin better with them too!

Brother-Sergeant

Well, I started with Orks and honestly, 4500 points later, they're still in progress. You can just model so many goofy things for an Ork army, that it's nice to just sit down and convert or paint something fun and Orky every now and then. To start with, I basically went through the various armies with my friend Nic who'd played for years. At the time, I wanted something fun that would look good with a bad paint job (since I was just starting out on the painting front too). I was also more interested in troops than vehicles. After going through all of the armies, I was looking at Space Wolves, Orks, Witch Hunters or Guard. They were the ones that seemed cool to me. Two things finally won it for the Orks, the old Mobbing Up rule (which I've yet to actually use since the new book came out by the time I had enough Boyz to take advantage of it) and the fact that the Orks were the Psychic Hippies of the Galaxy. After looking at the range, I realized that the models are just fun. I've always treated them like a comic relief army and I've not been disappointed.

Now, with my Orks being a big army, I also wanted something small. While I love playing the Green Tide (and my friends love seeing how many Orks they can mulch), that's not a list I'm going to bring to tourneys or events at the FLGS. There are just too many models there to even begin to set up and play effectively. To that end, I wanted a small army which played differently than my existing one. With general wierdness not being a bad thing either, I went for Witch Hunters. I'd always loved to models in that range from the Sisters to the Inquisitorial Retinues. Now, as soon as I opted to forego the Storm Troopers in favour of Nuns with Guns, the size of the army grew, but it's still smaller, especially when I'm planning a largely mechanized force. I'm looking at any army of Sisters, Assassins and wierd Ecclesiastical units. It's going to have some things that hit hard, but in the end, it's going to lose a lot. That's cool. It's also going to be the army known for the weird things it can do. As an added bonus (and my long term financial ruination, no doubt), I'll probably wind up adding Guard Infantry Platoons to this force as well, so army wise, it kills two birds with one stone.

Battle-Brother

When I first started into 40k I began woth World Eaters in the last edition of the chaos book. My collection quickly grew to aaround 5000 points of pure Khorne, and has since seen about 1000 points of no Khorne stuff added. Scratch built a brass scorpion, and just bought the big nasty Angroth also.

I then got into imperial guard with their last edition. I started a Steel Legion army since those have always been my favorite models for 40k. That collection has grown much more rapidly, and I once counted everything up just before the new book and had about 9000 points when you included my reaver titan, baneblade, and fw variants. Granted only about 3000 points of regular 40k is painted, and then most of my apocalypse only stuff is painted.

Then I did some Sons of Horus for Adepticon in '09. Go Team Mournival (we were the cool mournival team featured on the BOLS, not the landraider redeemer/thunder hammer storm shield/stuff that didnt exist then mournival team).

Not sure what I want to do next, but I am trying to make myself get everything else I have painted before I start a new project, but being married with a 3 year old, that may take awhile.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast