BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 40K army

Space Marines, Imperial Guard and Witch Hunters. I got the marines from a 4th edition starter I got for free. I started Imperial Guard because I played against them and borrowed a guy's extra guardsmen and liked the army. I got the inquisition because I got the Codex for free but that army is limited to an inquisitor and some assassins.

i currently play guard as they most fit my squat army but i play orks for competitive games

Battle-Brother

My first army was Eldar and it's where I first learned the basics of assembly and painting. Since the game play came later, I quickly determined that I had the wrong models to match my preferred playing style and I ended up selling them.

My next army was Black Templar. With their new codex (at the time) I thought they would be a great army to play. With about 6000 points (2500 painted), I find them to be a competitive army in 5th edition and still have love for them.

My current project is Chaos Daemons and I'm finishing the painting of 2000 points for our annual club challenge tournament. The Daemons are a random bunch and bring a unique approach to playing 40K.

The incomplete projects include a pile of Chaos Space Marines and lots of old metal Imperial Guard. I doubt the CSM will ever see the light of day, but the Guard will be the new project for 2010.

So I started with Rogue Trader with some of my friend playing the Eldar... this was middle school now you mind. The army has since vanished.

Then around the time Starship Troopers came out I purchased an Imperial Guard force. That army was sold.

Then right before the comming of 5th I picked up a Necron force. I'm playing them for fun still.. but when I got bored of phasing out I picked up...

The Tau! And a big thanks to Darkseer for insperation and an awesome blog to read.

I play Guard because I don't like the invincible men with awesome weapons walking up and just doing whats expected and killing everything. Batman is my favorite "super hero". I love to see my 100 Guardsmen lined up for a good ole charge against all odds and hopefully come out on top. I always always try to use an Inquisitor because he is the epidamy of what a normal man can be in the Imperium. He is just a normal dude going up against the greatest horrors in the galaxy, and winning hopefully.

I have Orks and Chaos Space Marines, and a massive Lost and the Damned army. Currently I only play the Orks because of the awful Chaos Space Marines codex. The Ork codex is one of the most interesting out now, unless you like the imperial bias at GW. What I really want is an Adeptus Mechanicus army so I can corrupt it.

I started playing Chaos in 4th edition with a Death Guard list (back when they had a modified army list). These days I play a primarily Nurgle themed Chaos army owning roughly 3500 points.

Scout

Im playing Space marines and which hunters as it is right now.

Don't have any perticullar reason why im playing space marines other than im a true imperial fan
    I do prefer which hunters over SM but with their old codex and full metal range i growed tired of them, true story =/

World Eaters Mechanized speartip, Mordian Iron Guard Combined arms company, Blood axe Blitz brigade, Ulthwe Eldar war host, Daemonhunters strike force, Tyranids Hivefleet Loxosceles reclusak (fiddle back spider) mixed assault swarm. They are all 1500 to 2250 points.

Initiate

I'm currently building a space wolves army, I cant wait for october lol, and my second army will be orks.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast