BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 40K army

I have arround 7k points of Iron Warriors, 3,5k points of Inquisition Daemonhunetrs, and 1k points of self-created Space Marines chapter.

Initiate

Currently working on finishing my Guard army, need a few more tanks (well duh!)
    got a completed Ultramarines mech army and its awesome seeing all those Razorbacks rushing about, and working on an Undivided/Nurgle alpha legion infantry list.

But im gonna get a look in on the new space wolves list when it arrives, just starting to whet my pallet

i have 5k of thousands sons more or less and around 3k of demons.

I love magic and wizards since I was a child, so, when I read thousands sons' index astartes... I made an thousands sons's army...

Hey,

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseer View Post
    What army do you play
    LatD

why
    Modeling opportunities.

Playa

Veteran-Sergeant

Hey all,
    I started by playing....
    Choas undivided in 3rd ed
    Tau in 4th ed
    Space Marines (my own chapter the Highland Lions) in 4th ed
    Orks (Death Skulls) 4th ed
    Crimson Fists 5th ed
    and now have come full circle and started building another Chaos Undivided for 5th.

Right now I am still in love with my Fists, mainly as i have been painting up 30 Terminators for an upcoming Planet Strike Game!
    Would like to probably sell off the Tau and some of the Orks at some point as they are just boxed away and I foresee no immediate gaming for them in the future.... but its hard to part with them just the same.
    Eric

Greetings,

I have at some point or another played then sold every 40k army (finnally have a grasp on the compulsions now).

Currently in love with my fledgling arbites/guard/witch hunter force, though the pirate eldar and sable swords see more play time of late.

I play Imperial Guard (Cadians) and have a Space Marine army waiting to be painted. I left gaming about 6/7 years ago for various reasons but have recently returned. Went into my local workshop to restock on paint and saw the "new" IG and thought "I gotta have that!" Both army's are 2000pt as I would never really get the chance to play with more then that.
    The Cadians are an infantry army with very few tanks (2 Russ, 1 Chimera, 3 sentinals) The Space Marines are going to be Eagle Warriors (I think).

I started back in 91 with space marines. I had a DIY chapter that I eventually didnt like.

My Brother and I started a Black Templar army with some of our left over marines when the Armageddon campaign came out. I expanded the army and eventually inherited it all. They are now my favorite army and I consider it my "main" army.

I also have a large Imperial Guard army made up mostly of older metal Cadians (going to rename them something other than Cadians now that newer plastics are out). I originally collected IG to use as allies with my space marines when that was allowed. It eventually grew into an army of its own. I considered it my "main" army until I got Black Templar fever. I still use it as much as my Templars.

I also have a small army of Tyrannids I use from time to time when Im feeling "evil".
    I have a few inquisitors I use as witch hunters/demonhunters for something different or as allies.
    I am also redoing my original DIY marines into Imperial Fists (stripping and repainting) to use a codex chapter but it is slow going on that one.

Initiate

1. Well i sold / lost most parts of my orignal DA when i have been in the army back in 02. Gues all that remaind of about 3000 points was an Assault Squad, 2 Dreads and a Scout squad (including good old Namaan)

I restarted another DA army about half a year before the new edition on the DA-codex was released.

Since then i gathered about 12000-14000 points of DA.
    about half of the 1. Company, a third of 2., complete 4. and 5. company (4. is mechanized 5. droppod), 4 squads of veterans that serve in 6. company, and some scouts. And tons of tanks of course...

If this was't enough i build and painted
    2. about 50 Grey knights, mixed in Servo and TDA plus some Landraiders
    3. IG army - actually it started as an inducted army for my Grey Knights, but IG tanks are like crack... cannot get enough
    4. footsloggin boyz (with the release of Blackreach), not to balanced just a pure green tide... i always want to pic up some bike and or battlewaggons
    5. Nids 1500 pts force, needs work to make them work in 5th
    6. my latest army about 2000-2500 points of Deathguard...

Tried to build some Ultramarines, but they went green again so just a FW Dread and the Honour Guard left in blue... the 5th ed Marines fired my dislike for them again, just to much blue in there.

Veteran-Sergeant

I play Nids, Tau and Salamanders.

Nids are my favorite especially in 5th edition due to the insanity that is the broodlord and genestealer retinue and ofcourse the Carnifex

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast