BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 40K army

Mainly, I play Lamenters Space Marines. They're not often seen on the field and I like yellow.

I also have a decent sized Ork force. I love to convert and kit-bash Ork stuff.

A smaller but growing project are Pre-Heresy World Eaters. Because they're just really cool.

I have around 5000 points of Witch Hunters. Not quite sure. I haven't played with them for a year now and before that their use has been sporadic for three years. The name of the order is Order of the Refiner's Fire. Gold armor with midnight blue cloth. I am big fan of the freak show. I have 12 Arco-flagellents, 6 Penitent Engines and 60 Zealots. Now that my Nid army is almost finished it is time to focus on my girls more.

I have well over 10,000 points in Tyranids. My prize army. This army contains everything except for gargoyles. Still holding out for those plastic gargoyles. I built this army up fast. Battle of Macragge was great for that. Also a friend sold me some of his Nids. I have some Forgeworld goodies such as the Scythed and Barbed Hierodules, Malanthorpe, Meiotic Spores, and Spore Chimney. I scratch built a Trygon with a Carnifex and a whole lot of green stuff. This army is almost finished. There are a few more models to paint and phew it is done. The name is Hive Fleet Kodiak. I have my imperial armies based in the Ursis system. Being an Canadian boy and an avid hiker, I have a deep respect for bears. Colors are skin base scorched brown with black and brown ink wash, carapce bestial brown base and works it way up to bubonic brown highlights.

Around 2500 points Imperial Guard. When the Vostroyans came out I wanted to add them to my Witch Hunters force. The Vostroyans look really good with the Witch Hunters. I call mine the Ursons. With the new codex I want to add a few more tanks to the ensemble. This force is meant to support the Witch Hunters. to go with the look I added Kislev Tsar Boris from the WFB to the army. He is more of a showpiece for the army then for game play. Him ridign a bear really suits my motif. This army is has no color scheme at the moment.

I have 6 Grey Knight Terminators, well because they look really cool.

I plan on collecting Space Marine Terminators for Apocalypse games. I plan on painting my Space Hulk my own chapter color. I may actually start collecting Space Wolves Terminators and try to model wolf heads into bear heads. The planned name is Kodiak's Klaw. I really enjoyed using Terminators in Dawn of War. That game is the motivation to collect Terminators.

I may collect Necrons one day.

Veteran-Sergeant

Custom chapter space marines because there really fast and even eldar have a tough time out manuvering me.
    IG because even orks and tau run out of bullets before i run out of bodies.

Scout

Default My Army

I began with an Inquisitor in Laserburn, who suddenly grew a twin brother in Rogue Trader; things have grown since then [literally- my first models were 15mm]. In Rogue Trader days I began my Imperium armies as well as my Eldar and Orks. My robots have since turned into Necrons, but I haven't developed the army any further- Necrons and Tau are the only forces of which I don't have armies, but I am gradually assembling a Kroot force.

My Imperium forces have been sorted into Imperial Guard, Dark Angels, Sisters of Battle and Inquisitors since 2nd edition.

These are my armies- most are currently in boxes in the attic; I swop boxes every year. [This year is Orks].
    Imperial Guard:
    4067th Detestabilis Light Infantry [1500 point Catachans; no vehicles other than Scout Sentinels; can be fielded with 2 Armorcast Baneblades and an Armorcast Shadowsword; apparently only super-heavies can push through the trees].
    6153rd Forlethian Rifles [Steel Legion, with Leman Russ converted to look more like Willie i.e. no turret.]
    42nd Albidanian Regiment of Foot [Praetorians, some Tallarn troops, Ratling snipers, Tallarn Rough Riders]
    1385th Forlethian Armoured Regiment [Cadians: currently 14 Leman Russ variants, 4 Baneblades and more on the way eventually]
    2048th Forlethian Mounted Rifles [Cadians; Mechanised]
    4864th Forlethian Artillery Regiment [Valhallans, Cadians 9 Basilisks and three Salamander Scouts ]
    7048th Forlethian Grenadier Reconnaissance Regiment [Karskin troops in Chimeras and 12 Sentinels]

Dark Angels [10,000 points all together]
    Honourable Chapter of Dark Angels First Company: The Most Noble Order of the Deathwing
    Honourable Chapter of Dark Angels Second Company: The Noble Order of the Ravenwing
    Honourable Chapter of Dark Angels Fifth Company [with attachments from 10th Company; yes the entire 5th Company]

Sisters of Battle of the Convent Shrine of Saints Ophelia and Monica, Martyrs [2000 points]
    The Emperor's Holy Inquisition; usually used as add-ons to other armies, and so HQ & elite heavy.

A band of unidentified small stunted people that squat in spaceships :-)

Alpha Legion- The Warband of Duke Aidan, Supplicor of the Bloodied Hand [2500 points]
    Xenos T/67*M41 Scythice Tyranids [a Genestealer Cult] [2000 points]
    Kabal of the Bloodied Heart- Dark Eldar [3000 points]
    The Blade that Shines in Moonlight- Eldar [Biel-Tan Eldar] [3000 points]
    Snazgruzz the Obliviator, Boss Ork [3000 points]

Scout

Space Marines, IG, and Orks for 40k
    Empire, WOC, and Tomb Kings for Fantasy
    Space Marines because I like their fluff and the models are fantastic looking
    IG because I'm a military historian and they appeal to that part of me, also I like bayonets
    Orks because they are just fun to play with
    Empire because of ranks upon ranks of soldiers, cannons, knights, cannons, awesome models, and did I mention cannons?
    WOC because the models are fun to paint
    Tomb Kings because their play style is very different from any other and I like chariots

Scout

Lessee, I played Crimson Fist-ish vanilla marines for years and then got into Black Templars around the time of Codex: Armageddon. I've kind of let the blue guys composition suffer, and they could probably use a repaint, but I'd like to get them back out again sometime. I've toyed with Necrons and Tyranids, but noting serious. I'm a loyalist marine player at heart I guess, contributing to GW's demographic reality.

First post here

I have two armies for 40K

1. Space Marines. My own chapter called the Sword Sworn. Color scheme is Regal Blue (with Ultramarines Blue drybrushed on top) for the chest, legs, and pack with Boltgun Metal arms and with the helmet and knee pad coulr based on company (non Codex Astartes pattern). It is my very first army, running around 7000 pts now. I wanted to do a Welsh Arthurian theme and I wanted something different (not another Ultramarines successor chapter), so I did a "what if my Space Marines are one of the missing legions" for fluff factor. I have two Veterans companies (White helmets are assault terminators and Vanguard; black helmets are regular terminators and Sternguard), but no special rules. I have a primarch, but I treat him like a plain old chapter master and only use him in Apocalypse games. I don't use the "newer" armour like the Razorback or the Land Raider Crusader or Redeemer, but I do have a Fellblade for Apocalypse games.

Of course, I have been loudly and rudely criticized for using the lost legion idea in the past by people on another forum (cough B&C cough), even thought the whole point of the unknown legions was to allow DIY chapters to fill in the history with their chapter. Hopefully, I won't get the same nonsense here.

2. Imperial Guard. Just a Cadian army that I'm working on for my one year-old son. I figure by the time he's old enough to play, seventh edition will be out and we'll all be talking about how outdated the 5th edition IG Codex is.

Each of my older daughters (15 and 12) have an army: Eldar and Sisters respectively.

Chapter-Master

I play Grey Knights. I picked up a few models because they are the best looking of all Space Marines, and was interested in the playstyle espoused by the people of Bolter and Chainsword, particularly the Way of the Water Warrior tactica.

Ultimately, I have stuck with them and play them exclusively since 5th came out. I started 40k with a Khorne army, then picked up some Tau for a change of pace. But when I started Grey Knights, I found my true calling, I suppose. They are capable of brutal assaults (a half dozen storm bolters, two incinerators and a bunch of strenght 6 is nothing to laugh at), yet are quite good at shooting as well. They are overpriced, and have very few options in the codex, but they fit my playstyle so well that it doesn't matter much. Aside from melta heavy armies, there is little that I fear in the 40k world, despite the fact that I play pretty much a single standard take all comers list.

That I can play an army with so little variety in the army list options (as I only play pure Grey Knights) and not get bored is testement to how well they fit me, and how much I enjoy playing them.

Battle-Brother

I play orks, they are nice comedy and given my life this helps.
    I also love the aesthetic visuals of their trashed up vehicles charging or speeding into combat.
    When I first started it was also because they where the easiest army to scratch build for. I had(and still don't) have much money for anything let alone 40k. Do to this I now occasionally go to my local target and walk up to the camera counter for disposable cameras. They give me some old ones and I come home. The two pad areas that you hold can be nicely turned into killa kans with a bit of work, they are usually a bit small however.
    And also its just the whole ork attitude that's just awesome.

My main army is Eldar because of the mystery that accompanies them.

I like that the interactions between many Eldar units aren't completely straightforward and that even after heavy use of the army list, I am able to find new interactions that I hadn't seen before.

I also like spending time developing an understanding of their way of life and the path of the warrior in particular. There is enough space for my own interpretation to flourish while still getting inspiration from the books.

Finally, their sleek, foreign, and traditional alien appearance really appeals to my aesthetic sensibilities.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast