BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Your 40K army

Started playing IG 6 years ago, I've got about 3,500 pts. I chose IG because no one else in my area played them, but they remain my favorite army.

Started playing 'Nids 3 years ago, I've got about 1,500 pts. I started playing 'Nids because I wanted an CC army I could play sometimes instead of my shooty IG. I was torn between 'Nids and Orks, I wound up choosing 'Nids because I was hungry that day. No joke.

Started playing Orks about 2.5 years ago, I've got somewhere upwards of 4k. I started playing them because they are hilarious.

Started playing CSM about a year ago, because I wanted an army in power armor and refused to play standard marines. I've got about 1,250 pts.

Started playing SW when the new codex came out, not because I wanted to win games, but because they represented the Manly Marines better than standard marines. On a side note, the Manly Marines currently have a record of 4 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. Technically I've got just under 500pts, the Manly Marines are a 2k list that currently relies heavily on proxies.

Started playing Necrons two or three months ago, because the monolith was cheaper than a land raider and they'll be quick to paint. Plus they're awesome.
    Last edited by Sam; 09-29-2010 at 05:06 PM.
    "You look at all this gunline and think: 'I could assault with this!'"
    "D*** it, Sam! Stop counting to such high numbers!"

I have been playing Space Wolves since the end of Rogue Trader, beginning of 2nd Edition. They are my favorite army of all time and will probably play them until the the game ends. I have about 4500 points worth of Wolves.

I missed 4th Edition due to work, family (2 kids) and life in general...When 5th Edition came out I built a Crimson Fist army of about 2750 pts. They are my backup army used for big Apoc games. I run Shrike as my Captain almost exclusively. With the new Wolves Codex my favorite army exploded to its current status.

I am looking a the new Dark Eldar as my friends think I need an evil streak. But the prospect of new Grey Knights and possibly Tau are hard to ignore.

There will always be the Sons of Russ...always.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526