BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 40K army

Initiate

I have 3, MAYBE 4,000 points of Nids. And I've got the Chaos Daemons Codex, might make a small army of them.

Battle-Brother

I have painted armies of:

Orks (10,000+ points!) Mostly Evil Sunz with a few Bad Moons and Death Skulls.

Chaos Marines (Death Guard, Word Bearers, World Eaters, Flawless Host, The Scourge)

Space Wolves

Chaos Daemons

Traitor Imperial Guard

Lost and The Damned units, such as one hundred something mutants, 3-4 dozen chaos spawn, 2-3 dozen gibbering horde bases, etc.

Tyranids

Eldar(Ulthwe, many units need paint jobs)

For fantasy, I have the start of a Tzeentch mortal chaos army, a bunch of outdated random empire figures and bits, some Wood Elves under construction, and misc. goblins and dwarves.

Scout

Space Wolves and, errr, that's it - lots and lots of Space Wolves...

Scout

I play Chaos Space Marines... I was gifted the first 1500 points, so it was a no-brainer to expand from there. So far they've been fun to model, paint, and play, and I'm the only Chaos player in my small group of gaming friends...

Scout

I have 750 of Orks and 3500 of Space Wolves

I have a 3000 pts Angry Marines army (based on Black Templar 'dex), 'cause they are cool
    I also have ~3000 pts daemonhunter army, but i always lost with them, so they are waiting for the new codex in a box.

Brother-Sergeant

Death Guard - I started out playing these guys 8 years back. At that point I only had one friend playing and knew little about the fluff, but they looked the coolest. Now here I am STILL playing them regularly and are easily my favorite force.

Renegade Militia - This was my second force to be collected. I haven't really used them in games much since the codex change and lack of tanks to play them now ( thanks GW ), but I loved the idea of thousands of regular humans, tainted by the touch of Chaos, following my Death Guard onto the battlefield. I then started to branch out on their fluff more and made them an alliance force for both Khorne and Nurgle. This was back when IA: 5 was released, so I had no clue they were actually going that way with the storyline either, haha. They're mainly for Apocalypse, as most of their tanks are super heavies.

Chaos Daemons - I LOVE this army. I guess I technically started collecting these the same time as Death Guard, mainly to use the Plaguebearers with my Plague Marines in games (back when you could). I've branched out to make my Daemon army Nurgle and Khorne as well, playing on the theme I started with my Renegade Militia. They get extensive play when I feel like taking a break from my Death Guard.

World Eaters - I just started playing these guys. I've been collecting the FW kits for about 6 months and building up to make a good force. I do enjoy their playstyle a lot, but I've also decided to make them more themed on Khorne's aspect of battle honor and victory at all costs, thus they do use Tactical and Assault squads. They also wear their Legion colors. They're more or less the final piece in the theme I have going with all of my armies, to make a giant Nurgle and Khorne Apocalypse force.

I think that just about does it!

Scout

I made a Sisters of Silence model recently, and I suddenly got the inspiration to do a 2000 pt force 'count as' Witch Hunters.

Besides that I have a True-Scale Iron Hands army and a generic codex Custom Space Marine Chapter.

I always like testing the kind of things people usually don't do, like Unification Wars Proto-Astartes, Pre-Heresy legions (though they're a lot more popular now), Rogue Trader security forces, mercenary armies ect.

Well technically I have 4 armies. Marines, Tyranids, Orks, and Necrons. The Orks and Necrons truly belong to my boys. Tyranids are my main army. I love the look and horrific background of the nids as an unfeeling, unrelenting and ravenous horde that sees everything else in the universe as food. The marines I do not play as much and they are mainly there for something to do if I get a little bored with my nids.

Battle-Brother

I am currently running an Ultramarine army and a Space Wolf army mainly built from 90's models when I first started collecting. Honestly, I am a bit surprised by how many SW armies are being posted here.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast