BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

The Monolith.

Now that everything they have is poisoned, the Monolith is the only unit in the game Dark Eldar will have trouble dealing with, and every turn it'll schlurp a Necron squad out of melee with whomever, plant then three feet away, and allow them to wash away the Dark Eldar with the cleansing power of lemon. Gauss.
    Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers - all of which are true and terrifying to know.

I can't remember the wording on the rules for the GK's shroud abality, but doesn't night vision/acute senses counter this?

Pretty much all dark eldar have night vision...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I can't remember the wording on the rules for the GK's shroud abality, but doesn't night vision/acute senses counter this?

Pretty much all dark eldar have night vision...
    No, Night Vision doesn't work. The only thing that gets any bonus against the Shrouding are enemy psykers, who may reroll the 3d6x3.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Ok, well I doubt it'll be much of a problem, DE are fast enough to close the distance that they can get a good average on the rolls.

Brother-Sergeant

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    in a battle vs my GK's i almost won cause i got good rolls with psycannon spam and wrecked him and obliterated his squads..although my GM's retinue got raped by the duke...
    Not for much longer though me thinks, January maybe S6 Rending Force weapons
    Last edited by Lucian Kain; 10-21-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Chapter-Master

Ok, well I doubt it'll be much of a problem, DE are fast enough to close the distance that they can get a good average on the rolls.
    Shrouding isn't a problem for anyone, except maybe IG with all their 36"+ range shooting. But once someone gets within ~30", it won't help the GK player in the least bit. In fact, I'm pretty sure the rule is just there to let us GK players annoy their opponent with all those extra dice rolls they'll have to do, even if it won't help the GK player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Kain View Post
    Probably not rending. Turns out the source of that particular rumor was some @#$% who made it up, and lied to everyone for kicks.

There are rumors of power weapon NFW's for everyone, though, and this one isn't from some random liar.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Why would you need a rending force weapon, force weapons already ignore armour... sure rending is slightly better against AV... by a massive D3... woo!

Whoever made that up must have just thought it sounded cool, because its a waste of a USR.

Chapter-Master

Why would you need a rending force weapon, force weapons already ignore armour... sure rending is slightly better against AV... by a massive D3... woo!

Whoever made that up must have just thought it sounded cool, because its a waste of a USR.
    Grey Knights in power armor don't have power weapons.

Nemesis Force Weapons are not actually Force Weapons. GKs all get Str 6. Justicars, Terminators, Brother Captains and Grand Master ignore armor saves, and Grand Masters also get an actual Force Weapon.

So Rending would be a fairly good upgrade. Maybe not against DE, since they don't have good armor anyways, but against MEQ. Plus, you could actually hurt Dreads and the like in CC, so that extra D3 would actually be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Kain View Post
    This quote says force weapons, not NFW.

force weapon ≠ NFW

so a rending NFW is useful, but a rending force weapon is redundant.

Chapter-Master

This quote says force weapons, not NFW.

force weapon ≠ NFW

so a rending NFW is useful, but a rending force weapon is redundant.
    Ah, ok. Yeah, that would be pretty useless, especially since the Grand Master is the only one currently with a Force weapon, so only he would get rending

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast