BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Eldar

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Dark Eldar

Ok so I have the new codex, which I like. But why do they not have pyskers, I know they are evil but they are still Eldar? I have not had a chance to read the fluff, but I was hoping someone could tell me.

thanks
    SATAN in our lives is noted, all his vices often quoted and though he serves a spendid feast, at the table's head still sits the BEAST!!!!!!!!

Brother-Sergeant

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I've never really looked at DE at any kind of length, but haven't they always lacked psychers? I couldn't tell you as to why, but I'm pretty sure they've always been lacking in that department.

I've always assumed it was because they've sealed themselves away within the webway.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by joescalise View Post
    Ok so I have the new codex, which I like. But why do they not have pyskers, I know they are evil but they are still Eldar? I have not had a chance to read the fluff, but I was hoping someone could tell me.

thanks
    The Dark Eldar has never had Psykers in game.

The Dark Eldar is a highly arrogant race, more so than their Eldar counterpart. So much so that even Psykers are beneath them, and the Dark Eldar find Psykers to be amusing play things to torture and keep prisoners.

DE do not have normal psykers like other races, but they do enjoy turning tortured psyker souls into psychic weapons...

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm failry sure it's because Slaanesh gets hold of the Dark Eldar Psykers when they try to use their powers, because the Dark Eldar don't use Farseer runes.

And no self respecting deprevated Space Elf wants that.
    Souls. Yum.

Chaplain

DE don't like psykers just like the imperium. Unlike the imperium, they don't find useful roles for such heretics except to torture them and turn them into weapons which kills them in the process.

BTW @joescalise, it is "Si vis pacem, para bellum" not "Sic vis pacem, para bellum". "Si" is a conjunction meaning "if" among otherthings, while "sic" is an adverb meaning "in this way" or something similar among other things. Facile est linguam Latinam discere!

It wasn't addressed in the old codex why Dark Eldar have no psykers of their own, just that they viewed psykers as particularly fun playthings. My assumption was, like Emperorsmercy, that it was a survival mechanism due to their lack of soul stones to protect them. Without protection an active Eldar psyker becomes a nice white hot homing beacon for Slaanesh.

Chaplain

Dark eldar dont have psykers because they take drugs. Thats all they need.
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Yeah who needs to see weird swirly lights when you can always take drugs to see weird swirly lights

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast