BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Eldar

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    Dark eldar dont have psykers because they take drugs. Thats all they need.
    They don't need psykers! They control the spice, so they control the universe!
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

its just another glaring omission by GW. they dont want to make a better faster version of the eldar. they know that until the wolves arrived under 5th, eldar were kings of the psychic battle

why make a new de codex that makes them shoot better faster and deadlier and then give them psychic powers on top of that .. no no no GW cant have that, but what they didnt do and should have was give them psychic defense ala black templars. but no, now you run into eldar spam at tournies and have to face eldrad and his fortune guide doom spammed seer councils who get to cast with impunity

that why the best tournament army is by far space wolves i have taken down 4 seer council armies because eldrad couldnt cast squat take away their psychic powers and they are like guardsmen

so us DE players know that we got 0 defense against it and cant cast spit to stop it BIG WHOOP one ic is immune to it. wont stop a fortuned, guided unit from killing her just as easy.

Really i've always had a perfect defense against psykers... after all you can't cast when your dead.
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

It's specifically addressed in the new codex that they've left their psychic abilities to atrophy, and that the use of psychic powers is forbidden in the Dark City, because it would bring the forces of the Great Enemy down on their heads.

Lady Malys has some impressive anti-psyker abilities, namely being completely immune to all psychic abilities and passing that ability on to the unit she is worth. Put her with some of your best anti-MEQ and go psyker hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by rle68 View Post
    its just another glaring omission by GW. they dont want to make a better faster version of the eldar. they know that until the wolves arrived under 5th, eldar were kings of the psychic battle

why make a new de codex that makes them shoot better faster and deadlier and then give them psychic powers on top of that .. no no no GW cant have that, but what they didnt do and should have was give them psychic defense ala black templars. but no, now you run into eldar spam at tournies and have to face eldrad and his fortune guide doom spammed seer councils who get to cast with impunity

that why the best tournament army is by far space wolves i have taken down 4 seer council armies because eldrad couldnt cast squat take away their psychic powers and they are like guardsmen

so us DE players know that we got 0 defense against it and cant cast spit to stop it BIG WHOOP one ic is immune to it. wont stop a fortuned, guided unit from killing her just as easy.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Lady Malys has some impressive anti-psyker abilities, namely being completely immune to all psychic abilities and passing that ability on to the unit she is worth. Put her with some of your best anti-MEQ and go psyker hunting.
    yes you are correct but what does being immune do for you when eldrad and his seer council are fortuned and guided a re rollable 3+ invo save is hard to remove

Chapter-Master

yes you are correct but what does being immune do for you when eldrad and his seer council are fortuned and guided a re rollable 3+ invo save is hard to remove
    You don't have to do anything. Lady's attacks are immune to the effects of any psychic powers, so they cannot be rerolled against.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    You don't have to do anything. Lady's attacks are immune to the effects of any psychic powers, so they cannot be rerolled against.
    how do you figure that ? im not so sure that will fly its an interesting idea but the eldar players will fight it tooth and nail until they faq it ill read the dex tomorrow you might be right Buffo i have no reason to think your not

Chapter-Master

how do you figure that ? im not so sure that will fly its an interesting idea but the eldar players will fight it tooth and nail until they faq it ill read the dex tomorrow you might be right Buffo i have no reason to think your not
    Don't get me wrong, I know both sides of the argument. This has never come up for me in my many years of playing, so this is a non issue for me really.

I am just discussing it just to discuss. I don't care either way.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I know both sides of the argument. This has never come up for me in my many years of playing, so this is a non issue for me really.

I am just discussing it just to discuss. I don't care either way.
    ok we had this discussion on saturday and no one would see it that way so i was curious for my own knowledge i argued it both ways just for fun

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast