BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Eldar

Veteran-Sergeant

That's pretty simple. She and her squad are immune to psychic affects. A la doom and such. That in no way says she ignores another units abilities.
    BOLScon 40k Judge

Games Workshop just dispatched my Dark Eldar order. I should receive them tomorrow. I imagine that Maelstrom Games will dispatch the other two orders I made within a day or so.

Excellent.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by rle68 View Post
    So us DE players know that we got 0 defense against it and cant cast spit to stop it BIG WHOOP one ic is immune to it. wont stop a fortuned, guided unit from killing her just as easy.
    I don't get why people freak out so much about not having psychic defence. It's seriously not that big a deal, offensive psychic powers are really just less reliable shooting attacks, and defensive ones are basically special unit abilities that sometimes don't work. Most armies can't prevent enemy psykers from using their powers. In fact only marines and Inquisition can to my knowledge.

You don't seem to be freaking out that your guys are T3 with no power armour, and really, that's a lot more dangerous for them in game than not having a psychic hood

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kahoolin View Post
    . Most armies can't prevent enemy psykers from using their powers. In fact only marines and Inquisition can to my knowledge.

You don't seem to be freaking out that your guys are T3 with no power armour, and really, that's a lot more dangerous for them in game than not having a psychic hood
    Tyranids to a degree and eldar obviously both have psychic defense as well.
    BOLScon 40k Judge

Grumble grumble, why haven't mine been sent yet. Oh its only 8:30 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    Games Workshop just dispatched my Dark Eldar order. I should receive them tomorrow. I imagine that Maelstrom Games will dispatch the other two orders I made within a day or so.

Excellent.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

I guess Ill w8 to get my codex. I really want it but... driving lessons will be coming soon.
    Hopefully I can finish a decent army and get some commision work
    For the Greater good.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Caldera02 View Post
    Tyranids to a degree and eldar obviously both have psychic defense as well.
    Oh I'm sorry we obviously haven't met yet. I'm the guy who doesn't think much before he opens his mouth

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Grumble grumble, why haven't mine been sent yet. Oh its only 8:30 in the morning.

You will get it soon, I think.

My parents just rang and gave me some spending money for my upcoming birthday. So ordering more Dark Eldar now. Life is good.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by rle68 View Post
    yes you are correct but what does being immune do for you when eldrad and his seer council are fortuned and guided a re rollable 3+ invo save is hard to remove
    Nothing obviously. You hit said Seer Council with a Shattershard and laugh really, really loud when half the unit gets removed from play.

the shattershard is a bit tasty...

I was planning on keeping that in reserve until the next tournament I go to in my area... since there are only 2 DE players here (and the other rearely ever plays) I expect I will be able to suprise a few command squads with this bomb.
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast