BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Chaos God

People always forget about Khornes little sister, Mhaize.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    People always forget about Khornes little sister, Mhaize.
    And his cousin Creame.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

The 5th Chaos god? It has to be Cruddace...
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Veteran-Sergeant

If GW went with the Sloth and Laziness god they could do the rules like so:
    take a bolter max range is 24" rapid fire at 12" without moving - for the followers of this god at max range they have normal stats ( meaning thier original stat line would be rather suckish ) and at 12" they dont get rapid fire but they double thier state line. and they get thier rapid fire at 6" rather then 12"

in close combat they could still charge the 6" but they take thier normal stat line ( the terrible one ) with no extra attacks for charging. but at 3" you double the stat line still with no extra attacks. BUT if they get charged they count as if they were charging because you pissed them off and made them fight so they get the extra attacks and doubled stat line.

thier initiative and leadership would be rather high because they are to lazy to run away.

I acually might try this out with my demons in a friendly game.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by JxKxR View Post
    So I was wondering if there were a fifth Chaos God what would he be all about? Khorne is all about anger and bloodshed, Slannesh is all about pain and pleasure, Nurgle is rot and decay, and Tzentch is time and change. I've been trying to come up with some sin worthy of a chaos god that isn't allready filled by another but just cant come up with one. I first thought of greed but isn't greed the reason you turn to chaos in the first place? Any way I know there has to be something I just can't think of it.
    Here is one idea from left field. If Chaos gods are an echo or build up of energy in the aether realm harnessed from our emotions, then what about the emotions of loyalty, trust, honou. Wouldn't there be a God that represents these aspects?

A chaos god maybe not, but certainly such a god would have its own version of daemons - angels, arch angels, Angelic Pegasii steeds, etc. It may be a way to introduce Christians in to the game, as they have a Chaos god of Goodness, hope and Justice. I told you nit was an idea from waay out of left field. It does sound a stupid idea, but what the hey, it might work.

I know it's an oversimplification, but I think they already have a warp-entity (ie. "chaos god") composed of humanity's faith, honor, loyalty, and goodness. His name is The Emperor.

(I have a feeling this discussion is about to get a little interesting..)

Shas'o

Alright so here’s what I think is up with the emperor since cobra6 brought it up.

So the emperor saw that slannesh was brought about by the decedent ways of the eldar. Such a high content of the same basic emotions clumped together in the warp and brought about a chaos god. So the emperor sees this and thinks if he can inspire enough faith, honor, and justice in humanity then he could create a god. So he goes about bringing humanity together in combat against the enemies of humanity because that is the best way to bring humanity together. He then wants to harness that faith, honor, and all good stuff so he can be the god when enough has been accumulated. He's got to have some sort of machine to make sure he collects the emotions so he has the golden throne made. He has to be hooked up to this machine so that the emotions get tied to him and don't just create some random entity. How does he inspire faith by sitting on a throne all the time? He has to be mortally wounded in a most epic way so here comes Horus to fulfill his destiny. Now the emperor can sit back and collect his faith. The golden throne is not failing it's finishing the download.
    Last edited by JxKxR; 11-04-2010 at 12:46 PM.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Librarian

Alright so here’s what I think is up with the emperor since cobra6 brought it up.

So the emperor saw that slannesh was brought about by the decedent ways of the eldar. Such a high content of the same basic emotions clumped together in the warp and brought about a chaos god. So the emperor sees this and thinks if he can inspire enough faith, honor, and justice in humanity then he could create a god. So he goes about bringing humanity together in combat against the enemies of humanity because that is the best way to bring humanity together. He then wants to harness that faith, honor, and all good stuff so he can be the god when enough has been accumulated. He's got to have some sort of machine to make sure he collects the emotions so he has the golden throne made. He has to be hooked up to this machine so that the emotions get tied to him and don't just create some random entity. How does he inspire faith by sitting on a throne all the time? He has to be mortally wounded in a most epic way so here comes Horus to fulfill his destiny. Now the emperor can sit back and collect his faith. The golden throne is not failing it's finishing the download.
    Sounds like a cool theory. I am sure a few of the pro Imperial scum will vehemently argue with this, but so what, it is a fun theory.

Slaanesh Rules by the way.

So I was wondering if there were a fifth Chaos God what would he be all about? Khorne is all about anger and bloodshed, Slannesh is all about pain and pleasure, Nurgle is rot and decay, and Tzentch is time and change. I've been trying to come up with some sin worthy of a chaos god that isn't allready filled by another but just cant come up with one. I first thought of greed but isn't greed the reason you turn to chaos in the first place? Any way I know there has to be something I just can't think of it.
    There's a god that really took my interest a couple of years ago, sadly I've looked around and someone has taken down a lot of the info I found on him on wikipedia, but there's still a little about him on Lexicanum:

[url]http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Necoho[/url]

Necoho is the god of atheism - he is made stronger when people have a crises of faith, or outrightly refuse to believe in the existance of Gods and daemons (I imagine he grew very powerful during the Great Crusade). Of course this does mean that if someone starts believing in him he gets weaker, meaning he can't really have any human followers, and if he were to have an army of daemons manifest it would instantly disappear as soon as anyone recognised them for what they were...

Still, I loved the idea of the anti-religion religion, and started working on a daemon army of Necoho, sadly it never got past the first couple of units and is in a box in storage somewhere, but maybe I'll break them out again another day
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

You're the God of Threadomancy. Hahaha!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast