BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Autarchs and fusion guns

Having a look at the eldar autarch section and it says that the autarch is allowed to take a fusion gun. But it doesnt say it replaces the pistol so I'm wondering does the autarch still get the extra CC attack from having the pistol and sword even though he has a fusion gun aswell?
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Yeah he does also the laser lance if he's on a jetbike...

Chaplain

Alright. Cheers for the clarification.
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Chapter-Master

If he still has the pistol and sword, then yes, he gets the extra attack.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Drakes Legion View Post
    Yeah he does also the laser lance if he's on a jetbike...
    Actually,from what I've read/interpreted, he does not get an extra attack for the laser lance & shuriken pistol. I believe you never get the bonus for two close combat weapons while on a bike.

At least, every article they had on the GW site or WD when the new 'dex came out shows a jetbike autarch w/lance and mandiblasters having a max of 5 attacks on the charge.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    Actually,from what I've read/interpreted, he does not get an extra attack for the laser lance & shuriken pistol. I believe you never get the bonus for two close combat weapons while on a bike.

At least, every article they had on the GW site or WD when the new 'dex came out shows a jetbike autarch w/lance and mandiblasters having a max of 5 attacks on the charge.
    In 5th ed there is no rule preventing you from benefiting from the extra attack while on a bike. That used to be true. Those articles are probably a relic of 4th ed.

So, yes, an Autarch with a lance and mandiblasters would have 6 attacks on the charge.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    In 5th ed there is no rule preventing you from benefiting from the extra attack while on a bike. That used to be true. Those articles are probably a relic of 4th ed.

So, yes, an Autarch with a lance and mandiblasters would have 6 attacks on the charge.
    Argh.

I hate self-nerfing...doh.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post

Yes, Autarchs on bikes are scary! I have always liked the idea of a Autarch with lance and a Reaper Launcher.
    A fun anti-heavy infantry BAMF.

However, I like the fusion blaster just as much.