Okay this is just a thought I had about the revelations that have rolled out from
Black Library (BL) and Games-Workshop (GW) in the newer books.

I am a huge fan of the Horus Heresy series but I am wondering if BL and GW
are coming close to the line of revealing to much about the pieces of 40k history
that have been let to the imagination until now.

The hints about the un-named first founding chapters are extremely interesting
but I think there are some things I want left to the imagination in 40k.
The Horus Heresy books are extremely interesting to say the least and I will
keep reading them no matter what happens.

Hints at the possibilities of characters, origins, and some events are engaging. I guess an example of how to much epilogue can damage a story is I-III of the Star Wars movies. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that I am definitely not an expert on Star Wars.

But some of the things that I personally don't want set in stone, unless the idea is really
damn good are:

1. The true origins of the Emporer. I honestly don't want to think of him as some alien star god working
to manipulate mankind to his own ends. Maybe that's just me. I guess I would rather think of him
as some sort of ideal that mankind could pursue to stand against Chaos and Xenos. I know it's clichéd
and not exactly aligned with "The grim and dark future" but I want the Imperium to kind of have this
sense of loss at what could have been had the Emporer not misjudged his sons. I can even justify it in my mind that the Emporer was not omniscient but more like the Oracle in the Matrix.

That's just my opinion and I am pretty sure allot of guys would vomit if that became the official story
but if the question is open ended then we can all kind of win right?

2. The hints about, "There are no wolves on Fenris" ,to me are engaging. The idea that the
wolves associated with the Space Wolves could be positive manifestations of the warp or
the spirits of dead Space Wolves is cool.

3. I don't think I want to know the specifics about the two un-named chapters of the first founding.
I am torn about this one as it could be really interesting to read about, but at the same time the
mystery of those two lost chapters adds suspense to that period of the Warhammer 40k universe.

4. Hints about the final battle against Chaos or the Ctan are awesome but if we knew how the
story ends it wouldn't be nearly as cool. GW or BL probably would never do that because it would
kill their franchise.

These are all my OPINIONS and please don't beat me around over them too much.
And I am sorry about the length of the post.