BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dark Angel List

Brother-Captain

Crusaders complement Terminators better. I'd rather have the TLAC, multi-melta, and hurricane bolters over the TLLC and TLHB.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Crusaders complement Terminators better. I'd rather have the TLAC, multi-melta, and hurricane bolters over the TLLC and TLHB.
    even when a TLAC is provided by Sammael on a speeder?

I got my LR back before i got the predator, it was my ONLY AT capability for a while

Librarian

I am playing a 2850 battle with a Black Templar/DH/WH mix ( i dont quite know specifically which he is gonna use, probably grey knights) I know his last game he ran with 2 LRs, i am going to try and plan for that

what should i go with?

I was thinking:

Belial with Sword and SBolter 130
    Term Squad, Chainfist, Cyclone, TH&SS, Deathwing Standard 265
    Tac Squad, MM and Meltagun, SGT. with Powerfist, & Rhino 245 with Rhino
    Tac Squad, Plasma gun, ML, Sgt with melta bombs & Rhino as above 245 with rhino
    Term Squad with Assault cannon 245
    Assault Squad (10 men) Sgt with bombs and PF/Combat Shield 270
    Land Raider 250
    Predator Annhilator with Lascannon sponsons, 165
    1 Venerable Dread, Extra Armor, MM and Dreaddy CCW 160
    1 Bike Squadron (3 Bikes) 2 with Chainswords, Sgt with Power Sword and MBombs, Attack Bike with MM 190
    1 Scout Squad 4x Sniper rifles and 1x Missile Launcher Sgt with MBombs and a Drop Pod 170 with Pod
    1 Command Squad with Standard Bearer (Sacred Standard) Apoth, 2 powerweapons, 1 flamer and a chainsword. 175
    1 Inter. Chaplain with Jumppack,140
    all that and im at 2650 out of 2850

Command squad is going to pal around with belial in the land raider, Int. Chap and Assault squad are gonna look for pockets of resistance and charge. Bike squad is gonna run around looking to pop vehicles, Rhinos drive around and sit on objectives

Any other ideas for waht i might need to do?
    Last edited by Aenir; 09-01-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Librarian

Edited:

almost completely removed melta bombs, extra armor (except Dreaddy), HK Miss, and Storm Bolters

Quote Originally Posted by Aenir View Post
    I am playing a 2850 battle with a Black Templar/DH/WH mix ( i dont quite know specifically which he is gonna use, probably grey knights) I know his last game he ran with 2 LRs, i am going to try and plan for that

what should i go with?

I was thinking:

Belial with Sword and SBolter 130
    Term Squad, Chainfist, Cyclone, TH&SS, Deathwing Standard 265
    Tac Squad, MM and Meltagun, SGT. with Powerfist, & Rhino 245 with Rhino
    Tac Squad, Plasma gun, ML, Sgt with melta bombs & Rhino as above 245 with rhino
    Term Squad with Assault cannon 245
    Assault Squad (10 men) Sgt with bombs and PF/Combat Shield 270
    Land Raider 250
    Predator Annhilator with Lascannon sponsons, 165
    1 Venerable Dread, Extra Armor, MM and Dreaddy CCW 160
    1 Bike Squadron (3 Bikes) 2 with Chainswords, Sgt with Power Sword and MBombs, Attack Bike with MM 190
    1 Scout Squad 4x Sniper rifles and 1x Missile Launcher Sgt with MBombs and a Drop Pod 170 with Pod
    1 Command Squad with Standard Bearer (Sacred Standard) Apoth, 2 powerweapons, 1 flamer and a chainsword. 175
    1 Inter. Chaplain with Jumppack,140
    all that and im at 2650 out of 2850

Command squad is going to pal around with belial in the land raider, Int. Chap and Assault squad are gonna look for pockets of resistance and charge. Bike squad is gonna run around looking to pop vehicles, Rhinos drive around and sit on objectives

Any other ideas for waht i might need to do?

I always try to give my terminators a specific role on the battlefield, CC or shooting.

Shooty terminators will usually have an assault cannon and a chainfist ( a nice round 250pts )

CC terminators will be either 4x TLC 1x TH or the other way around with a Cyclone missile launcher. I almost always put Belial with the 4x TLC unit and upgrade 2 members of the squad to either an apothecary and a standard bearer. If I have the points I sometimes stick an Interrogator-Chaplain in there aswell. These guys kill almost anything they meet.

Command squads are IMO best used as support shooting units with as much plasma as possible and an apothecary, put them near some Devastators with plasma cannons or other plasma gun wielding squads to minimize the possibilities of casualties due to overheating. But the banners are indeed almost worthless.

I don't really get why you would want to put a sniper scout squad in a droppod...

Bikes are also usefull, in both antitank (power fist, meltaguns, meltabombs), anti infantry(plasma guns, apothecary if you have Sammael) or assault(flamers, power weapon(extra attack for sarge) and banner with Sammael) roles. But you need 6 bikes before you can buy the attack bike.

About the dreadnoughts, my favourite is with twin-linked autocannon and ccw with flamer. Good all-round capabilities. But actually all the weapons are good, although the multimelta is less attractive with the short range and limited mobility of the dreadnought(which is why you can put them on a speeder or attackbike )

The assault squad with the chaplain is a good choice, I use them often but don't let them get stuck on their own somewhere.

And don't forget Dark Angels are uber shooty plasma freaks

Librarian

picked scouts in pod just because i thought the dread in the pod would be a waste

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123