BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well quite, I'm sure sure Slaanesh enjoys all the Shaadomy ()and debauchery and isn't too keen for it to end. Thoughh who knows, it may still be upset it hasn't got to et all the Eldar.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    The second video was very very good (apart from the interviewer stuffing up a third of the way in). I love the background, and the Dark Eldar seem very malicious. I think Slaanesh must enjoy the idea of the DE, for he/she is always being fed, and so might like the idea of them living long lives full of pain and pleasure. Great stuff.
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-26-2010 at 03:33 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well uite, I'm sure sure Slaanesh enjoys all the Shaadomy ()and debauchery and isn't too keen for it to end. Thoughh who knows, it may still be upset it hasn't got to et all the Eldar.
    Shaadomy LOL best 40k term of the week

Probably going to run a one-off 40k Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch adventure set in Commoragh, with the player characters being captured by the Dark Eldar. Had great fun running the DE last time in Dark Heresy, and wouldn't mind the Haemonculus returning.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Sounds like a splendid idea for an adventure. Actually that raises something I was thinking about, which is for those of us who love our fluff, how dark will you make your armies fluff? I'd like to have a suitably decadent and evil background for my Archon and army, but then when I mentioned a few ideas to people they asked if I had some weird sexual fetishes* which I shall not mention here. GW can only hint at it due to their family friendly policy, but should we be more explicit if we want, or should we stick with what GW sets out.

*Which I don't, eff why eye. I'm a Good Girl.
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-26-2010 at 03:42 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

How twisted and debased is my dark eldar army... its painted pink... you don't get much worse than that.

Veteran-Sergeant

These videos are great. I am however a little disapointed in one aspect of this new background.

Ive always been proud of the fact that DE could rightly claim to be the baddest race in 40k. Every other antagonist for the imperium could cite a reason for what they do, to appease a god, part of a plan, stupidity and hunger whereas the DE did it cos they liked it or wanted to . Now this aspect of topping their souls up seems like a driving force behind their depravity. Im not sure I like this but it is a cool story.
    Im trying to see it more like this.

You`re running around doing what you like and do best but you start to flag a little so you have a red bull.

Souls will be my Dark Eldars Red Bull rather than a necessity

Sounds like a splendid idea for an adventure. Actually that raises something I was thinking about, which is for those of us who love our fluff, how dark will you make your armies fluff? I'd like to have a suitably decadent and evil background for my Archon and army, but then when I mentioned a few ideas to people they asked if I had some weird sexual fetishes* which I shall not mention here. GW can only hint at it due to their family friendly policy, but should we be more explicit if we want, or should we stick with what GW sets out.

*Which I don't, eff why eye. I'm a Good Girl.
    I tend to make my villains subtle, and not at all evil in their own eyes; so that means that they actually see what they are doing is necessary and good - in the context of Dark Eldar society. My Dark Elf army is led by a Dread Lord who's actions stem from a deep-seated belief that he is utterly superior to every race in the Warhammer world. Almost like a twisted version of Pride and Prejudice's Mr Darcy. However, for the DE, I'll make my general rather desperate and tragic - terrified of losing his soul and knowing he is damned.

As for the twisted stuff; well, I'll let my dark imagination run wild and previous experiences lead the way lol

Actually they said that Dark Eldar enjoy it and see no reason to stop, looking at their Craftworld cousins and joyless monks. The pleasure motive is still a primary one. Remember pre-Fall they started doing all this because they liked doing it, the fact it has a purpose is just a bonus.

I do that as well, I don't want a one dimensional Supervillain style character. My Archon is going to be an evil me, an arrogant, aristocratic mega-b*tch who knows exactly what she wants and doesn't care how many millions of lesser beings die so she can have it. No evil laughter and shallow betrayal though, she is quite happy to manipulate, help others and honour alliances/deals. but I do want her to reflect the depravity of DE society.

I tend to make my villains subtle, and not at all evil in their own eyes; so that means that they actually see what they are doing is necessary and good - in the context of Dark Eldar society. My Dark Elf army is led by a Dread Lord who's actions stem from a deep-seated belief that he is utterly superior to every race in the Warhammer world. Almost like a twisted version of Pride and Prejudice's Mr Darcy. However, for the DE, I'll make my general rather desperate and tragic - terrified of losing his soul and knowing he is damned.

As for the twisted stuff; well, I'll let my dark imagination run wild and previous experiences lead the way lol
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-26-2010 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRoxtar View Post
    These videos are great. I am however a little disapointed in one aspect of this new background.

Ive always been proud of the fact that DE could rightly claim to be the baddest race in 40k. Every other antagonist for the imperium could cite a reason for what they do, to appease a god, part of a plan, stupidity and hunger whereas the DE did it cos they liked it or wanted to . Now this aspect of topping their souls up seems like a driving force behind their depravity. Im not sure I like this but it is a cool story.
    Im trying to see it more like this.

You`re running around doing what you like and do best but you start to flag a little so you have a red bull.

Souls will be my Dark Eldars Red Bull rather than a necessity
    It reminded me of drug use. I deal with drug users every day, and the nature of the soul drain very much of how illicit substance users have to increase their 'hits' to get the same high as when they first started using drugs. Souls and emotions are the new cocaine, ecstasy and heroin for my DE.

I do that as well, I don't want a one dimensional Supervillain style character. My Archon is going to be an evil me, an arrogant, aristocratic mega-b*tch who knows exactly what she wants and doesn't care how many millions of lesser beings die so she can have it. No evil laughter and shallow betrayal though, she is quite happy to manipulate, help others and honour alliances/deals. but I do want her to reflect the depravity of DE society.

That sounds really interesting. I like the idea of taking some known and then letting malice change it.

Veteran-Sergeant

It reminded me of drug use. I deal with drug users every day, and the nature of the soul drain very much of how illicit substance users have to increase their 'hits' to get the same high as when they first started using drugs. Souls and emotions are the new cocaine, ecstasy and heroin for my DE.
    I cant be the only person who now wants this for my DE soundtrack

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAXPUN2z2CE&ob=av3n[/url]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast