BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You were getting a bit worried about the competitiveness of the new Codex a week or so ago, and I said we would need to wait and play some games. That's all, I'm just teasing a bit.

Edit: I like the fact that we now know that a successful Kabal can sponsor a Wych cult AND have an Incubi temple in its territory to train its warriors. I would assume the Incubi would also act as mercenaries.
    Yeah, having actual FLUFF for the first time in over a decade is pretty friggin nice!

Being that a large kabal can house thousands, if not millions, of members, I am sure Kabals can own and run pretty much anything they want

The whole Regeneration thing from combat is pretty interesting.... game getting all 5th Element on me here lol.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Part the Fourth: Miniatures:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d9ed6okRXo[/url]
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Fantastic stuff! Jes is a master.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

I love that Jes confirms Dark Eldar superheavies (from a fluff sense, not a future model plan) by stating that they envisage large raiders and slave barges floating about the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin, 6:37-6:43.
    Even though we've not made models, we have envisaged the fact that somehere above this you'd have raiders or slave barges that are this size (Indicates large size, say 18-24" long]
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-28-2010 at 04:51 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I love that Jes confirms Dark Eldar superheavies (from a fluff sense, not a future model plan) by stating that they envisage large raiders and slave barges floating about the battlefield.
    Oh yeah, I loved the imagery. Barges just filled with terrified slaves, reading to be shipped back to Commoragh, like cattle. Great stuff.

Part 5:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fJOA1Y4vB4[/url]

Watching now.

Chapter-Master

Thanks Eldargal.

I have enjoyed this series of videos like no other.

Thank you guys at GW for making this possible.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

I think it's awesome that GW are putting out some more info around the release of this codex, both on some of the reasoning behind the design decisions, and more fluff!. That, and it's always good to hear Jes talking about minis

I really hope they do something similar in the future when they bring out new books.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRoxtar View Post
    These videos are great. I am however a little disapointed in one aspect of this new background.

[...]

Now this aspect of topping their souls up seems like a driving force behind their depravity. Im not sure I like this but it is a cool story.
    To be honest, I always though that this was strongly implied in the fluff from the original DE codex - at least, that's how I've always interpreted it. I figure that the Eldar race as a whole is cursed, it's just that the various factions have found different ways around it (Soulstones for the craftworld Eldar, having your entire planet be a giant soulstone for the Exodites, of the soul-thirst with the Dark Eldar).

Actually that raises something I was thinking about, which is for those of us who love our fluff, how dark will you make your armies fluff? I'd like to have a suitably decadent and evil background for my Archon and army, but then when I mentioned a few ideas to people they asked if I had some weird sexual fetishes* which I shall not mention here. GW can only hint at it due to their family friendly policy, but should we be more explicit if we want, or should we stick with what GW sets out.
    I'd say that really depends upon who you're playing with. Random pick-up games, I'd keep it fairly light, or at least veiled - everyone has their different ideas of what's acceptable and more importantly, what's enjoyable in a fantasy game. If you've got a regular crowd, you've probably got a pretty good idea of how evil is too evil for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    My Dark Elf army is led by a Dread Lord who's actions stem from a deep-seated belief that he is utterly superior to every race in the Warhammer world. Almost like a twisted version of Pride and Prejudice's Mr Darcy.
    Complete aside, but I love this idea. Made me remember some appropriate quotes too, like "Neither duty, nor honour, nor gratitude [...] have any possible claim on me." or "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?" Take completely out of context, of course!

Of course, it also makes me think of witch elves modelled after the Bennet sisters and their mother, but that might just be me

I must admit, I think the new Dark Eldar line of minis is one of the most consistently fantastic that GW have ever produced - lots of fantastic female sculpts too! I'd be tempted if they weren't quite so eeevil (says the die-hard Chaos player... ). I guess I'll just have to stick with my small Rogue Trader corsair force instead!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234