BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default The future of 40k

So, someone posted [URL="http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showpost.php?p=767275&postcount=1861"]this[/URL] on Heresy-Online. It's a supposed interview with someone who knows what's going on at GW HQ, and has some extremely interesting things in it. Such as how GW might be advancing the plot, and all sorts of general rumors about new directions future codices will be taking.

Here's a few choice quotes:

Grey Knights. When? How? who are the other fodder soldiers?

-Grey Knights will not be changing a whole lot. Fodder soldiers will include units from the Ordo Hereticus who can be added as allies,
    so for the most part, they'll be a small army of 'Holy **** What Just Happened' all over your enemy's face.
    What will happen to the outer worlds once the Emp dies?
    -Well, for one, the outer worlds of the Imperium will fracture into smaller kingdoms, with the worlds closer to Cadia,
    Terra, and the like all remaining under Imperial control. The Astronomicon is something we're still discussing, but we have a few ideas for how it could remain active.
    *Will Marneus Calgar be allowed to continue as the super sue Ward made him, or will he be toned down/brought low in the future?
    I remember seeing an idea that had him seceding the Ultramarine pseudo-empire from the Imperium as a whole. I'd kind of like to see that.
    - We're still discussing what to do with Calgar. We're thinking of having him be offed right along with Rowboat,
    and making the Ultramarines some kind of desperate, dirty-fighting Space Marine chapter. Ward is NOT happy with this,
    but the Ultramarines will end up either irrelevant, or a bit better for it all as far as fan-reactions go.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget to drop by the grocery store and get some salt. You're probably gonna need it.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 10-25-2010 at 06:47 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Forgive my fanboy-ism, but I find it hard to believe that anyone at GW would be so forthright with such major lore changes. I felt as though it could be realistic until I read how apparently easily this individual spoke about "offing" a major character like Marneus Calgar.

I admit it; I <3 Calgar. So, this might be more of a gut-reaction than anything else, but personally, I think the suggestion of some extra salt is a good one. Nonetheless, this does raise some interesting considerations!

Seems like utter bollocks. GW have said they will not be advancing the timeline, they have the entire 41st millenium to flesh out and they can go backwards if they want.
    The stuff about Ultramarines sounds like it was written by one of your typical 'anti-smurfs' too stupid to realise the Ultramarines have been the standard SM force since long before Ward appeared.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Calgar Take Me Away!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Chapter-Master

Calgar joins the Dark Eldar.

Chapter-Master

This has more or less been the response on Heresy Online as well. Even the guy who posted the interview questioned its source.

I personally like the idea of GW actually advancing the fluff, and some of the things the guy puts here seem fairly interesting. At least if GW does go forward, then the new books will have actual revalations in them, instead of the we-already-have-known-for-10-years-that-someone-betrayed-this-person-and-now-after-all-this-time-we-finally-learn-their-first-name (DUN-DUN-DUN!) drivel. Seriously, every time someone starts talking about the new Horus Heresy book and how much new information it has, I always think "wait, I thought we already knew that".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Maybe they will release a series of alternate timeline books or something. I just think this is someone making stuff up to get a big reaction and have a laugh.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Adeptus Custodes

Roubuote gulliman, the emperor and abaddon die. Abaddon replaced by a computergame character.

right.
    More Necromunda please.

GW would never release such big info before hand, any major changes are released with books/minis to boost sales.

Cutting the heart out of their space marine poster boys would be a very bad business decision, and for this reason alone I call the source into serious question.

GW is a business first and foremost.

Chaplain

Yeah I'll be bringing my salt to the table on this one too. They won't change the story line because there is no story line, only a setting. Changing the setting would be meaningless to anyone who isn't familiar with the old setting, so why would they bother when their first order of biz is attracting new players?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast