BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default New Dark Eldar Army...

So, now that I have finished the last model for my Tyranid army (the Tervigon) I figured it was time to offically start something new. The Dark Eldar!

Dark Eldar have always been an army I liked. I have even painted a 2000pt Dark Eldar army about 5 or 6 years ago. The two main reasons I never made it one of my main armies was the same as many people...crazy boring rules and more importantly, the worst model range GW has ever made.

Now that both of those issues have been fixed (oh boy have they been fixed) it's time to jump back into doing an army of these evil pointy eared space pirates. A good friend of mine owns a local game store and asked me to paint some of the stuff out of the Black Box for him. So I have had the pleasure of working on the Warriors and the Raider. I finished my test paintjob of the warrior (also finished another 5 but havent had a chance to photograph them yet) and the Raider (minus the crew hanging on). So here are a couple quick pics.

Test Warrior

Raider

Up Next: Over the next week or so I am going go finish the second half of the warrior squad and I am thinking about doing a step by step tutorial on how I am going about painting the Dark Eldar.

Chapter-Master

very nice I LOVE the raider
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Excellent work!
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

I do like the paint scheme, very traditional, and good work on the blending, the sails espically.
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

Not a big fan of the DE, you sir have managed to do them justice with some very very nice paint. Thumbs up sir!
    Respects, Emperorsaxe
    "Fear not Brothers for without fear death has no meaning."
    Executioner-Chaplain Hartmann

Brother-Sergeant

Very nice. I'd love to play against this army. I hope there are soon to be more DE armies like this one...

Veteran-Sergeant

I finally picked up the first portion of my new Dark Eldar army and I just couldn't help but paint up some Incubi. I am pretty close to finishing the first five, and I gotta say that they are super fun models to paint. One thing is I didnt really notice all the detail on these guys so I keep finding myself going back and touching up areas that I missed (like the writing on this guys sword). Hopefully I will get these guys done by next week then it is on to finishing off my first 20 warriors

Awesome stuff! May I ask what paints you used for the highlights/edge-work on the raider?

Veteran-Sergeant

@ Someuberdude; The colours I used for the "Greeny-Blue" for the edgework on the Raider (and all the models in this army) is a 50-50 Mix of Hawk Turquoise (HT) and Chaos Black, then straight HT, then 50-50 mix of HT and bleached bone, then a 20-80 mix of HT and Bleached Bone. Been really pushing the highlights on this army taking most things up to either bleached bone or skull white depending on what I am high-lighting with. My camera for some reason keeps bleeding out all the sharpness of the high-lights on the models, so everything looks really toned down which sucks. Ah well, not much i can do

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulio View Post
    @ Someuberdude; The colours I used for the "Greeny-Blue" for the edgework on the Raider (and all the models in this army) is a 50-50 Mix of Hawk Turquoise (HT) and Chaos Black, then straight HT, then 50-50 mix of HT and bleached bone, then a 20-80 mix of HT and Bleached Bone. Been really pushing the highlights on this army taking most things up to either bleached bone or skull white depending on what I am high-lighting with. My camera for some reason keeps bleeding out all the sharpness of the high-lights on the models, so everything looks really toned down which sucks. Ah well, not much i can do
    Very nice. Thanks for this. Going to try it out later tonight. I've been trying to do the same color scheme for my DE army so this will really help.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast