BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Question Rumours on Black Templar or Dark Angel?Is there a wisper of them out there!?:(

Im bored, tired and begining to lose interested in GW, so does anyone have rumours about black templars or dark angels? do they have a eta? are those loyal to the chapters going to be waiting a year or more?

thanks for anyone who take a care and replys! I am too stubborn to change codex(s) before anyone says!

MasterGideon

I haven't heard any rumors about either, well I hear the odd rumour about BT every now and then, but nothing ever seems to come of it...

I expect it'll be at least another year before a new DA dex is released.

Sorry to hear your getting tired of the game, please take some advice from a guy whos been there on more then 1 occasion (currently upto 4 times now), don't sell your minis.

If you stop playing keep your figs safe until after the new books are released, if you still don't have any interest, then sell.
    This way if the new books relight your interest you won't need to rebuild your armies.
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

Brother-Sergeant

Bah I might pop into the oxford street branch and demand they tell me when the new codex is out lol!

If its any use to you i'll be seeing my contact in GW again early next week, so i'll ask him if he knows anything...

He won't tell me anything concrete (he likes his job too much), but if there is any offical rumor about, he'll pass that on to me.
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

I really hope they would redo Black Templar's they are one of my favorite armies that I have just collecting dust

I even have a miniature by Scibor that kicks butt I can't really use it in any type of games expect for Campaigns.

Chapter-Master

They'll likely eventually get an update in the next year or three. We just haven't heard anything about them from anyone who could be considered a reasonably reliable source.

Note that this means that we don't know if they're being worked on, not that they aren't. It's entierly possible that they're just off the radar right now, and might show up soon. Or not.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

I still say Templars are getting a codex under one of two conditions:

A) When the 40k Online MMO comes out as Black Templars are apparently the Space Marine chapter in it.

or

B) Sometime right before December 21, 2012, just before the end of the Mayan calendar when the world ends.

Librarian

Too many other rumors about too many other Codices right now. Tau, Necron, Daemonhunters, Sisters of Battle... and Dark Eldar haven't even officially been released to the masses yet! Not to mention GW still has to keep Fantasy alive and kicking.

It seems to me that, unless something changes drastically, the Black Templar and Dark Angels aren't going to get an update for at least a year. BT and DA are right up there with Chaos Marines and Eldar, armies that are getting old but not /as old/ as Tau, Necrons, Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters.

Just do what Mal said. If you're getting tired, set your models aside, don't sell them yet!

Try picking up a new game or hobby or something. Malifaux is cheap to get into and you only have a handful of models to paint. Warmachine is also relatively cheap to get into, again with only a few models to build and paint. That way you can start something new without having to spend a lot of money or time in getting into it.

Brother-Captain

A pretty reliable source (for me, take it as you will) stated to me that the DA and BT will be religated to a White Dwarf/PDF update before they get a new print book.

BWAHAHA, now you all will know what it feels like to be a Blood Angel player!

John M>again, grain of salt/chip on shoulder/etc.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGideon View Post
    Im bored, tired and begining to lose interested in GW, so does anyone have rumours about black templars or dark angels? do they have a eta? are those loyal to the chapters going to be waiting a year or more?

thanks for anyone who take a care and replys! I am too stubborn to change codex(s) before anyone says!

MasterGideon
    I know how you feel! I really do considering im a GreyKnight fan,no one should have to wait for a decade to get a dex. let-alone a decent one.I'd all but given up the fluff of the 40K universe.
    There will be more hope For your Codex though, you won't have to worry about that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast