So, here's my 2k of Blood Angels. These guys routinely pull wins at my local GW, and I'm always very pleased with them.

HQ
Dante
Corbulo

Elites
Five free Death Company, Rhino with a dozer blade and extra armor
Venerable Death Company Furioso Dreadnought with extra armor and a heavy flamer

Troops
Ten-man Assault Squad with a power weapon and melta bombs
Ten-man Tactical Squad with a chainsword, melta gun, and melta bombs
Ten-man Tactical Squad with a chainsword, melta gun, and melta bombs

Fast Attack
2 Multi-Melta Attack Bikes

Heavy Support
Vindicator with extra armor and a dozer blade

So, Corbulo usually goes with the Death Company in the Rhino with the DC and Dante joins one of the assault squads. Now, each part of this army has a very specific role. Dante and the assault squads are here to provide mean bashings with the combination of Dante's and Corbulo's two 'auras of win', as JWolf once put it. The two tactical squads and Vindicator provide support fire. The Multi-melta attack bikes tend to be the 'shoot once to get back your points and die' unit. They always tend to rack up a nice kill or two that's usually worth double their points(Land Raiders and Leman Russ squads being two of their favorites). The dreadnought does what it does very well, usually; kill anything that I don't want to touch with a ten-foot bright lance. The meltagun, heavy flamer, and it's +D3 s10 attacks can all really Hulk-smash things. As for the Death Company, they sit in the Rhino, letting Corbulo's bubble extend to all the assault squads so they can get Furious Charge as well as providing a 5th-turn rush to either kill anything that is getting threatening or to contest an objective.

I'm very proud of this list. It works wonders at the local gaming club, and I like to think that, despite it having mostly vanilla-ish choices for a codex with a lot of unique units, it's still pretty common of what you would see in a BA strike force.