BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Keyword View Post
    Seriously, though. All the boys at my local shop are wonderful and tolerant.
    I love them.
    Awww! Are you talking about me? Shucks...

That psycho deserved more then a quick "waaagh" out the door. She always drove me crazy.

I've found Tyranids to be a particular favorite of the female gamers I know (of which there are plenty).
    I don't game in sexist environments. Ever.

And I react to getting my *** handed to me by a girl the same way I do when a boy does it.
    By buying them an energy drink and politely asking for a rematch sometime in the future.
    To whom it may concern...
    BAALLOOOOGGGAAAA WHALE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    How is it ridiculous? is it ridiculous if you were a woman an dbeing treated like crap in a male orientated hobby that males think they have the sole right to play with?
    In my local gaming store, there are no woman there at all, one guys GF wanted to play but with all the ego's, and crap that goes around she was put off for being a woman. This coming from guys who know the hobby, exploit it and love it all in one.
    I dont blame woman for wanting to not play there, they treat woman like idiots, and dont think they can play, paint and love the game like them. I dont even bother playing there with the way they treat even other people that are not the loved regulars.

Its such a ridiculous thing when people like you dont want to understand how it is for some to not be let it to this hobby that males claim and think they have a right to push around, verbal abuse and yes as some have said, physical assault.
    Guess it just challenges there male minds, inferiority and makes them nervous to lose to a woman.
    For you Marshel2Criusaders to say that, just proves my point.
    Its ridiculous women cant do what they want without someone pointing out they are a woman.

Abbess Sanctorum

I agree, but there's still the occasional person posting in this thread trying to claim "this isn't a woman's hobby so get out", even if they don't use the same words. Naturally, being net denizens, we all want to bash them for being... well... I dunno if I can complete that thought without getting another warning.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Its OK, Mel.

Librarian

Subject Keyword, that is the best thing I've read all day, imagining a store of people chasing a belligerent ***** out with a resounding WAAAGH.... Man I'd pay to see that, I really would.

Still, she was way off base though, and you were right - she had no right to be tearin' into people for what they enjoy. IMO maturity is accepting that other people like different things and not get on their case about one perceiving it as immature. Immaturity I believe is belittling others for what they enjoy.

Sorry to hear she was such a ***** to you. But hey, Lady Karma always gives those people what they got comin'.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Keyword View Post
    At this point, someone stands up and shouts "FOR THE EMPEROR!!!" Prompting the entire hobbyshop to get up and bum rush her screaming "WAAAAAAGH!"
    She prances swiftly out the door to the cheers of twenty happy geeks.
    I look at my opponent and say "I won't murder your troops with this Monolith if you break up with her."
    "Deal." He snorts.

Man that was a cathartic day...

Seriously, though. All the boys at my local shop are wonderful and tolerant.
    I love them.
    Well, can we all at least agree, despite whatever other petty arguments we may have, that the Emperor was smiling upon that hobby shop that day?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Another Random Geek View Post
    Well, can we all at least agree, despite whatever other petty arguments we may have, that the Emperor was smiling upon that hobby shop that day?
    Yes. He was smiling.
    And laughing. Laughing his *** off.
    Goodbye Bols!

Librarian

That still makes me laugh. Woe betide those who face a horde of 40k gamers all bellowing WAAAGH!

Be good psychological warfare if nothing else.

I have the perfect irrational answer.

Men are from mars, women are from venus. And there's no Mechanicus on venus.

That makes sort-of sense.. mabye?

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast