BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Initiate

I don't know that I should really get involved in this kind of discussion, but I did come here looking for other women who play warhammer and this seems to be a somewhat relevant topic, so...

@ eldargal: Hi. I'm a gal and I play too.
    @ Kahoolin: I am an only child and don't have a sig. other who plays. I don't have any male friends who play. I got into 40K when I walked into a game shop looking for a new game to play. I saw some guys playing 40K and thought "that looks like the game for me."
    @ everyone: I DON'T like painting better than playing--in fact, I don't like painting very much at all. I love the color, but would never paint an army pink. I DON'T choose an army based on how pretty the models are. I DON'T worry about looking like a nerd. I'm not unattractive. I DO have issues at the game store where I play (while watching battles I've had guys ask me to roll or blow on their dice for them--guys, BLOW ON THIS <inappropriate hand gesture>!) I DO play for fun--winning is fun.

Battle-Brother

theres a girl that works at my local GW and i sometimes see other girls in there like painting and stuff its not really uncommon.

Some complained that GF's have been the reason why friends left the hobby. In my case it was the other way around. 3 years ago I wanted to sell all my mins because i had not enough time for W40k. My GF asked me if I am really sure. Some weeks later we came along a GW-Store and she asked me if I didn't want to go in. 3 month later I started a new army.

Today I'm glad I did not left the hobby. I enjoy painting and playing and in most cases my GF has a good advise when I'm not sure which color would be appropriate or which pose looks best.

Okay, the attempt to get my GF into the hobby was not 100% successful, I now play Eldar as third army. But I get her playing once a month or once every two month and we both enjoy it.
    Last edited by GreenMarines; 08-25-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    I didn't know an 7 year old could hate an army so much
    Touche! It didn't come out the way I meant to say it.

Although, I was 7 or 8 when I started playing Rifts... so it is possible.

Chaplain

Frankly, I wish there were more female gamers because:
    a) Diversity is good
    b) Some players I know could do with the improved social skills
    c) I find it a turn-on.

Could just be me.

Especially ones who like to win...Hi Ard Gal, welcome to BoLS. I'm kidding. Sort of. lol.
    Last edited by TheKingElessar; 08-25-2009 at 07:14 PM.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
    Frankly, I wish there were more female gamers because:
    c) I find it a turn-on.
    Oh yeah, I love getting down and dirty with a chick and she starts yelling, "WAAAAGHHH!!!!"

So hot.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by 'ard_gal View Post
    (while watching battles I've had guys ask me to roll or blow on their dice for them--guys, BLOW ON THIS <inappropriate hand gesture>!) I DO play for fun--winning is fun.
    One of the female players had been rolling like a beast that particular day and my dice were stuck rolling 1's and 2's. I asked her to roll my dice for and she got mad at me and said something similar ro the quote above. She swatted the dice from my hand and rolled three sixes and a four for my marine commanders invo saves.

She apologized for the outburst (after i told her why i picked her to role) and we had a good high five for the awesome game winning role.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    Oh yeah, I love getting down and dirty with a chick and she starts yelling, "WAAAAGHHH!!!!"

So hot.
    I'm thinking of a Blood for the Blood God joke, but it's a little too adult. I hope you can fill in your own, um...blanks.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
    I'm thinking of a Blood for the Blood God joke, but it's a little too adult. I hope you can fill in your own, um...blanks.
    That is so bad...

...I love it.

Chaplain

To be fair, it probably sums up why I'm single, and there are so few female gamers at the same time. It doesn't matter that I'd never actually say that joke, the mere fact that I thought it is enough.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast