BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    I have the perfect irrational answer.

Men are from mars, women are from venus. And there's no Mechanicus on venus.
    Actually there probably is....
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

Actually I have been to Venus and there is indeed a small Mechanicus outpost there.

That or that was a dream I had after too much vodka and gin one night.

Scout

I hate the attention I get when I go into a GW store. I guess some girls like it, some hate it. Even threads like these draw attention to us!

LET US GO UNNOTICED!

I don't think I could ever play a tournament unless I went incognito. Sad, isn't it?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by aemzed View Post
    I hate the attention I get when I go into a GW store. I guess some girls like it, some hate it. Even threads like these draw attention to us!

LET US GO UNNOTICED!

I don't think I could ever play a tournament unless I went incognito. Sad, isn't it?

I think it's because female GW gamers are a rarity, which raises attention. Much like a guy wearing an Iron Maiden shirt in a Victoria's Secret store.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Lewis View Post
    I think it's because female GW gamers are a rarity, which raises attention. Much like a guy wearing an Iron Maiden shirt in a Victoria's Secret store.
    Around here, a guy in a metal shirt at Victoria's Secret is kind of expected. (The same guy at a children's clothing store-not so much.)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by aemzed View Post
    You'd be surprised. I went to Adepticon and it was completely a non-issue. No stares or weird questions - I was just another competitor. Hopefully you can find a group of gamers who are mature enough that it's not a big deal.

The players at Adepticon seem to be a bit older than your average crew of local players, though.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Keyword View Post
    At this point, someone stands up and shouts "FOR THE EMPEROR!!!" Prompting the entire hobbyshop to get up and bum rush her screaming "WAAAAAAGH!"
    She prances swiftly out the door to the cheers of twenty happy geeks.
    I look at my opponent and say "I won't murder your troops with this Monolith if you break up with her."
    "Deal." He snorts.

Man that was a cathartic day...

Seriously, though. All the boys at my local shop are wonderful and tolerant.
    I love them.
    Ye gods above an' below, reading this made my night. I think I would've been rolling around on the floor laughing at the silly tart as she flounced out of the store...

Goodonya, and goodonyer store for that. Maybe there's hope for the gaming world yet...

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Lewis View Post
    Soooo.... The secret is for me to go in dressed in an Iron Maiden shirt with false mustache?

I think its because there are a small to large number of guys that go to GW stores who have never had the experience of meeting a female on a social level other than their own mother. And no i'm not attacking these guys, but one of my mates at my Local GW when( i'm at home not uni ) , totally got besotted with a female gamer who came down, and he had no idea how to interact with her. He went to an all boys school and well lets just say he made a fool of himself, and she soon left as he became ultra clingy.

In all honesty, female gamers kind of irritate me. The show up and suddenly all eyes are on them. You can't even talk to them without them thinking you're trying to approach them. Its annoying. Almost as annoying as female Marines in a forward deployed unit.
    If I'm going to talk to you, its not because of whats between your legs, its 'cause I have some topic of interest to talk about. And on that note, I guess I don't really care for associating with women much in general. Everythings always seems to boil down to us men wanting the good.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast