BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Quick question

Chaplain

Default Quick question

Hey, this be a VERY short thread but I just need to know;
    Are phoenix lords avilable to buy instore or do you have to buy online?
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Chapter-Master

Online...they're direct only
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Depending on your FLGS as well. We can get anything Direct from our local store. They have a higher mark up, but it's still availble through most stores by special order if they went to the trouble of setting up with GW to do so. (I just got a LRCrusader sprue and the Space Marine Casualties, both of which are GW online only through my FLGS).

John M.

Most FLGS will order in direct only products for you, but you'll not get a discount as they have to pay full price for them...
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Most FLGS will order in direct only products for you, but you'll not get a discount as they have to pay full price for them...
    Not true. If they set up the account properly as a retailer, they get a discount, although not as good as through the regular account for main products. (as a former store owner, I know this to be the case)

John M>

As someone who recently was responsible for orders through GW for a FLGS I know this to no longer be the case.

GW no longer gives a stockist discount for direct only product.
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

Chaplain

I liked the idea were they brought all the Pheonix Lords all out in the same box. Freind brought them from the US for me to paint for him.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberscape7 View Post
    Hey, this be a VERY short thread but I just need to know;
    Are phoenix lords avilable to buy instore or do you have to buy online?
    I have found that all Phoenix Lords are available at your FLGS, except for the one you happen to be looking for. The trick is to convince yourself you're looking for one Phoenix Lord when you're actually looking for another. If your Double-Think is powerful enough, the stars will align, and you will find the Phoenix Lord you're searching for. Unfortunately, if your Double-Think is that powerful, you will have convinced yourself that you're looking for the a different Phoenix Lord, which you will not find. Basically, you're screwed either way.

The only solution to this problem is to play Imperial Guard. We don't have Phoenix Lords.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    As someone who recently was responsible for orders through GW for a FLGS I know this to no longer be the case.

GW no longer gives a stockist discount for direct only product.
    Not what my invoice showed last week, but OK, if that's how they're selling to you.

John M.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    I liked the idea were they brought all the Pheonix Lords all out in the same box. Freind brought them from the US for me to paint for him.
    This would be the way to do it, you can often find the phoenix lords box on ebay for about $35 along with the heroes of the imperium box and enemies of the imperium box giving you almost all the special character models that were out bk in 3rd ed.