BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Wow, those are gorgeous! However; they look very intimidating! (to/for me) D:

Especially with me just starting out, I feel like I need a bit more experience under my belt before I try something that amazing! (I'm already nervous about the Island of Blood detail compared to the Archers and Spearmen I'm working on xD)

Also; I converted your prices from EU's to USD for all of us across the Pond (hope you don't mind)

Guard Tower: 159.33USD
    Merchants house: 84.60 USD
    Well: 19.74 USD
    Supplies: 14.10 USD
    Furniture: 19.74 USD

Love the models, super awesome! /cowers
    -DBH
    Last edited by Dont-Be-Haten; 09-07-2011 at 05:58 AM.
    -insert epic signature-

They are intimidating, I certainly think it wise to wait until you feel you are more experienced. No problem converting them to USD, I wonder what shipping is out of Europe. Probably a lot.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

I suppose most of painting models takes practice, I've only just started, but I'm thebomb.com at following directions and learning brush strokes etc. I'm pretty confident, my hand and and wrist just aren't strong enough yet to be able to sit through anything longer than about an hour to an hour and a half painting session.

To your question about over seas mailing etc. It really depends on what part of Europe it comes from, I know with dealings with the UK Royal British Air Mail is only like 4-5 USD more than it normally would be, at least that waht eBay tells me! xD

Thanks again Eldargal for the pictures, I really do enjoy them (Being the noob \o/ I'm not very knowledged on a lot of table-top things) Also read some of your articles and really enjoyed them. Especially your High Elf Army lists from like a year ago, (I was surfing the fantasy army lists and came across yours, I'm going to name all my characters/units also! )

-Dont-Be-Haten
    -insert epic signature-

Oh, I remember those, my first 8th ed games, they were fun. Naming characters really lets you build a narrative over many games and in my experience helps you become attached to the army even more.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

That's completely how I feel! xD Do you still play high elves? Hopefully one of these days I'll be experienced enough to field some of those awesome buildings! Thanks again for the encouragement!

-DBH
    -insert epic signature-

Not at the moment, focusing on my Empire and perhaps soon my Dark Elves. I don't like the high Elf spearmen and archer kits and using plastic seaguard as a proxy in every unit is a litlte unsatisfying.

Veteran-Sergeant

Ooo I see. Yeah after seeing the Sea Guard I don't really care for the Spearmen as much as I did; however, I like the newer archer models compared to the older one's I've seen. I guess in retrospect I should've waited before buying the battalion battle chest because I didn't realize the spearmen are a tad bit smaller than the Sea Gaurd, but too late, I will play them anyways xD

-DBH
    -insert epic signature-

Nothing new, but a pretty picture:

Tabletop World just released their [URL="http://www.tabletop-world.com/Graveyard.php"]Graveyard[/URL] and it is mangificient:

price: 94€

dimensions: 27x33x29cm (11x13x12inch)

weight: 800g
    So going to use a couple of these in my Garden of Morr themed board.

Chapter-Master

These are incredidbly expensive. They are beautiful and very detailed, but when I can get two rather nice fortified manor houses from GW for less than the price of the guard tower, I really can't see these being bought by anyone but the most dedicated hobbyist. I mean the graveyard is very nice, but it doesn't seem markedly better than the Garden of Morr and you can get three of those and a pocketfull of change at that price. It's a shame as when I saw the pictures I loved them and thought I'd get some, but sadly I really can't justify the purchase at those prices. Have I missed something special about these models that justifies their high price?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast