BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I agree that the graveyard is a bit... unfortunately timed given GWs release of the Garden of Morr. The GW one doesn't look any worse, even if it is a bit smaller. The only advantage of the Tabletop World terrain is that it looks more like a graveyard and less like a Necroplis or collection of Mausoleums (it actually has headstones).

That being said, I own the Guard Tower and it's a great kit. It assembles very easily and looks great on the tabletop. It's a great product and, in my opinion, well worth the price. Still, it's a personal decision. Just like some people don't understand why people pay excessive amounts of money for figures from Forge World, some don't understand the draw of really good looking terrain. To each their own.

I really wish they'd re-release the Ruined Coaching Inn, the Smithy, and/or the Abandoned Factory.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

The Guard tower is huge and magnificient though, with internal detailing. Money well spent, trust me. But yes it is expensive but it is also aimed at the hobbyist that wants the best they can get and in my opinio TTW provide the best quality WFB/medieval style terrain you can get. I've tarted mine up with Empire themed bits from my GW empire terrain and it looks wonderful.

The graveyard, well, it is expensive. I'm going to get one or two but I'll be getting four GoM at least for my board along with lots of scratchbuilt. It is larger than GWs offering and the components will be offered for sale individually in the future.

It is worth noting that the TW stones aren't sculpted, they carve each one individually so no two are alike. It is little things like that that really make it stand out when you view it in person. No copy-paste details.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    These are incredidbly expensive. They are beautiful and very detailed, but when I can get two rather nice fortified manor houses from GW for less than the price of the guard tower, I really can't see these being bought by anyone but the most dedicated hobbyist. I mean the graveyard is very nice, but it doesn't seem markedly better than the Garden of Morr and you can get three of those and a pocketfull of change at that price. It's a shame as when I saw the pictures I loved them and thought I'd get some, but sadly I really can't justify the purchase at those prices. Have I missed something special about these models that justifies their high price?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I guess if they are handcrafting them, the nyou cna justify that sort of price. I'm sure they will find plenty of takers as they are very nice, just out of my price range sadly.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

TTW have put the [URL="http://www.tabletop-world.com/mausoleum.php"]mausoleum[/URL] from their Graveyard set up for individual order, the other parts will follow apparently:

23EU
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

TTW is having a Christmas special:

They do have some amazing terrain, I'm going to try to talk my lfgs into carrying some so I wouldn't have to order from europe

Good luck, TTW aren't interested yet in stocking larger retailers like Wayland and Maelstrom (I suggested it) due to the volume they would have to produce to make it worthwhile (they lack the capacity at the moment). But a smaller LGS might be able to get some stock from them.

Tabletop World is soon to be stocked in the USA by [URL="http://www.masterclassterrain.com/"]Master Class Terrain[/URL].

Also in case I haven't mentioned it, their next project is a Blacksmiths forge/house/thing, not yet up for sale.

that's good news cheaper shipping for me

Tabletop World have just released their much anticipated Blacksmiths Forge. At least it was much anticipated by me, and if it wasn;t by you you can damn well strat anticipating it now before you look any further because it is worth it:

Blacksmith's Forge, 88EU

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast