BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default New basing kit available for advance order

There is an advance order up on the GW website for a new basing kit and some different colour static grass.

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat80002a&rootCatGameSty le=paints-tools"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat80002a&rootCatGameSty le=paints-tools[/URL]

Looks like an alright kit, but not sure about the brass foliage though!

Veteran-Sergeant

Cool... i have an older basing kit, that had an Eldar Harlequin on the box cover.

I find the kit pretty useless tho... for one, resin sucks especially when its thick as like those pieces were... plastic would have been much nicer but i doubt that would ever happen

If you could just add bits on to the bases it would be perfect, but the pieces require alot of fiddeling around with, and heaps of sanding, just to get it right

Librarian

Seriously though... brass leaves? That's probably the worst idea that I have ever said for a basing kit

They could have, you know, at least done skulls or fantasy runes? Hello!!!!
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Evil Midnight Bomber

Well...that kit looks to be more WFB-related (the square resin bases are a dead give-away, if the name isn't enough ).
    Oh lord I've got 'em, I've got the...
    ...it's a blog. Read it!

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah definatly for fantasy. The one with the harlequin on the front is called the heros basing kit or is it just me?

Beeing lazy I love the slates though - good size an shape..overprices, but awesome!

/M

Battle-Brother

Actually the Brass leaves make sense. It will be hard enough that when painted the paint wont easily chip off. And you can bend and shape the leaves to the shape you want. Looks really cool.

Veteran-Sergeant

Wow, that's almost as badass as the older one with the Harlequin on the front. I'm definitely gonna order a copy or two.

The one with the harlequin is the 40k one, and personally I think it's pretty sweet. Vman I'm not sure what type of fiddling you're referring to, but I really enjoyed that basing kit as well as the Hero one and the others.

Have to say, I'm glad someone thinks the leaves are a good idea because I first saw this and thought there pretty lame. There looks to be some good skulls and resin pieces, but I may have to stick with the 40K one mainly because you get an extra bin of flock instead of an empty bin, and the 40K brass etch is much more usable in a 40K setting<which I play exclusively>

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Hashshashin View Post
    40K brass etch is much more usable in a 40K setting<which I play exclusively>
    same, leaves isn't that bad an idea, but I'd rather have skulls and stuff anyday.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast