BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Army Painter

Librarian

Default Army Painter

Hi again!!

People, just one simple question... I buy a navy blue Army Painter spray in order to print and give the first base to all my Ultramarine vehicles...

In a retailer, non a GW one, of course, they told me it works great...

So... You assure it goes right??
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Brother-Sergeant

Hi Marneus,

I've not used a blue one but the two I have now used have been great. One thing - make sure you follow the instructions - shake the can A LOT and spray from maximum 20cm away. Too far away and you'll get a fuzzy Marine!

Also keep the can moving, I know it sounds obvious but they can pool in the crevices and you could lose a little detail more so than with some other sprays.

The colours cover well though - Dragon Red covered black undercoat in one spray. Good luck!
    www.rebelsgrotto.blogspot.com - Go visit, you know you want to!

Librarian

Thanks for the answer!!

But... You do first a black undercoat??

On the shop they told me the Army Painter works as undercoat and basecoat...

I used to use the green for my orks, I used it as both undercoat and basecoat.

As RebelGrot said, just be sure to keep the spray moving, if you've done spraying before then you'll have absolutly no trouble using this stuff.
    New Dark Eldar Stats:
    Wins: 2 , Draws: 0 , Losses: 0

There's no need for a black primer coat, the Army Painter sprays function as both primer and color spray. Another tip would be to start spraying away from the model, then move the spray across the model. You don't want to sit in one place for several seconds blasting the model with paint, clogging the details.

I think you'll love the Army Painter spray paint. Their saturated colors work well with the QuickShade dip, too.

I love Army Painter! My sisters were just primed in the navy blue. If you get a chance to check it out, I did an article on BOLS about primers (and gave a detailed description of the Army Painter colours I had used previously) I updated it on my own page though (found in my signature) and try to keep it current.

I've used the following ones, and had absoutely stunning results, with little effort put out (also washes work spectactularly directly over the primer)

- Primer White
    - Primer Black
    - Matte Varnish (works wonderfully without fogging)
    - Army Green
    - Pure Red (Khorne!)
    - Human Flesh
    - Plate Mail Metal (perfect for Doom Eagles)
    - Navy Blue (works great with a coat of the P3 Armour wash to produce a deep, rich shaded blue)
    - Uniform Grey (Perfect to use as a standard grey primer, replacing those awful cans of armoury grey)
    - Skeleton Bone (Skeletons, as well as desert colours)
    - Greenskin (Works wonderfully for a Salamander Marine army, as well as Orks)
    - Daemonic Yellow (Perfect shade for Wraithguard)

If you get a chance to look over the priming article I wrote and have any questions about it please feel free to email me. )
    Commission painting & minis currently 4 sale: www.redstickstudio.weebly.com Our Studio Blog: www.redstickstudio.wordpress.com

Librarian

Thank you, everyone!!

RedScorpionsGirl, I can´t found your article... But be sure if I have any doubt I´ll tell you!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    Thank you, everyone!!

RedScorpionsGirl, I can´t found your article... But be sure if I have any doubt I´ll tell you!!
    Here's the direct link to the Red Stick Academy:
    [URL="http://redstickstudio.weebly.com/red-stick-academy.html"]http://redstickstudio.weebly.com/red-stick-academy.html[/URL]

The article is titled: Priming 101, What's in the Can, Man?
    Feel free to email me with any questions.
    Commission painting & minis currently 4 sale: www.redstickstudio.weebly.com Our Studio Blog: www.redstickstudio.wordpress.com

Librarian

Thank you again!!!

If demanded, I will write you a PM

I use Army Painter Dragon Red, Navy Blue, Uniform Grey, Daemonic Yellow and for my Craftworld Eldar, Skeleton Bone!

All of them are bloody amazing!

Yellow and red are not scary colours to paint anymore! Amazing stuff!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10151
    My Craftworld Arithym Project Log. Please have a look!