BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I wish I could start playing again, but the game store I play 40K at only believes in some super-cheesy rules and everyone there calls you "weak" if you don't play with beyond-clan tech. These guys have talked that they could easily take Terra with their army of all-heavy/assault.

In other words, most of them hated the anouncment that the new Mechwarrior would happen in 3015, before all the "KeWL STUFF!" was available.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Default hi

I don't want to end up with 20 or 30 applicants. That would greatly confuse matters. And not a lot of interest was shown in the last one. If a lot of interest is shown in this one, I'll increase the number of allowed applicants.Yeah go on then I'll give it a g, no idea why you'r restricting applicants though especially after the last ones poor showing.[url=http://www.dvdcollectionsale.com/CSI-Lasvegas-Seasons-1-9-DVD-Boxset-DVD-1571.html]CSI lasvegas seasons 1-9 dvd boxset[/url]
    [url=http://www.dvdcollectionsale.com/CSI-Lasvegas-Seasons-1-9-DVD-Boxset-DVD-1571.html]CSI lasvegas on dvd[/url]

Scout

I play Battletech. It is my favorite game. I live in Knox IN if you want to try to get together for a game gwensdad.

Fly Lord

HOLY MOLY Rangerrob!

That minis collection is crazy! I played Battletech hardcore for years back in the day (before the minis). I'm flipping through my original 1986 Technical Readout-3025 right now for old times sake.

Now you have me wanting to take my House Kurita Sword of Light Panther out for a spin. Ahh, the glory of using PPCs on light mechs. That never gets old.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Battle-Brother

Same here, the Wizkid's "Clicktek" got me into this miniature games world. But Wizkids is dead, and I am stuck with a thousand plastic minuatures attracting dust. CBT is probably the most complex and technical CMG that I've played. The prices aren't that bad but paying 30+ dollars on multiple books get pricey fast. It's hard to also find a good gaming community in the local area.

Librarian

Id love to get into it, only played a couple of games of megamek, and the LGS doesnt have any battletech and iron wind minis are actually quite expensive
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerrob View Post
    Battletech was my 1st mini based wargame.

Used to run long campaigns at the FLGS, one session per month for 3 years. Was a FanPro commando for a few years too.

Have a little bit of a collection issue.

Those are 4 mechs deep. So each row is pretty much a lance.

Have not played in a couple years. Been too busy with RL stuff, and any free time has gone into painting my 40k Guard army.
    I should do that with my collection of Battletech. I have taken a photo about a 18 months ago of my 40K collection, but that has grown to nearly half as much again what it was at that time. I calculated I was up tp 52,000 points of WH 40K forces.

My Battletech is my real passion, and I have been collecting it for nearly 20 years. Some of my units are really rare. I estimate I have about 2.5 Clan Clusters including vehicles and Battle Armour and protomechs. Inner Sphere, I have a level 2 short of a level 4 of WOB/Comstar, a regiment each for Lyran, Fed Suns, Mercenary/Kell Hounds, and an understrength mixed regiment for Draconis, Free Worlds, and Capellan. Obviously I have not had time to paint them all, and I even have abour 2 companies of new stuffreleased within the last 12 months that is not even put together, including Solaris VII stuff.

If I ever retire and finish it all, I think the wargamer's curse will happen, and I will die of a heart attack or something like that, having achieved my lifes goal. LOL

Anyway you inspired me to take some time out to organise it all for a photo. I might have to put it up on this thread.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by ThePov View Post
    So, do any of you BoLSers indulge in that other great Sci-Fi wargaming universe, Classic Battletech?

Personally, I dabble. It was the Mechwarrior click-game offshoot of CBT that got me into minature gaming in the first place, O in a lot of ways, I'm a Mech-jockey at heart, but with the immense cost of TROs and the all metal minis, I don't actually play the physical game that often. I do, however, dabble in megamek occasionally, and I'm madly in love with the CBT fiction universe the fact that the story is always moving forward is great, and as a poli-sci nut I'm always intrigued by all the different powers, so I occasionally dabble in writing some CBT fiction.

So, do you play CBT? How much?
    I play it every second Saturday normally.

One of my friends has almost twiceas many Battletech miniatures in his collection as I do. He does not play any GW games.

I have now counted my Battletech forces which now numer 902 bases, either regular infantry squads, Battle Armour squads, Vehicles Protomechs, or Battlemechs.

I am going to try to put photos of them into this message if I can link them from an email. I do not have them on any websites.

Battletech looks pretty awesome, but is there any company that still sells rules and minis?
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Librarian

I hope this works. If it does you should see 3 photos eith my collection of Battletech Miniatures. I started collecting them in 1986 or there abouts.

These are my Free Worlds League, Draconis Combine, Capellan Confederatoin, and Mercenaries forces.

This is my Clan collection both first and second line, and it includes protomechs.

This last photo is my WOB/Com Star, Federated Suns and Lyran Alliance forces.

I have photos of each sub group, though I think that would be too much for a post.
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 07-18-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Hyperlinks do not show up when I log out and re log in

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast