Quote Originally Posted by Vuron View Post
I am a fan of SD and personally I think Graham McNeill is the BL best 40k writer (Abnett is great but I prefer McNeill because many of Abnett's novels have what feel to be rushed endings -- like he was up against a page count and rushed the end). However King's first Space Wolf novel is very unique and imho very good - it reads like fantasy and then like sci fi - very unique. Really you cant go wrong with any of them.
Cool, thanks for the input. That does make sense for the Space Wolves. Their rules and models have a very runic, magical nature. I have never read McNeill really, but I do love Abnett so I might have to check McNeill out. I have to say however my favorite 40k author would be Sandy Mitchell. The Cain books are just so different and unique for BL books. Counter, Abnett, etc all do a great job of portraying the dark and gritty 40k universe. But nobody has added that comic element so well. The Cain books stand out because it is a perfect blend of the grim future and dry humor. But enough for that rant lol.