BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ah ok thought i was missing something
    i think the models look pretty cool, i may pick a couple up one of these days for that reason alone.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Paladin View Post
    I get the impression that you don't actually have to get the same weapon for each hardpoint.
    You don't but that still doesn't help the point cost much
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

I don't think the point cost is too much if you try to maintain a little balance.
    One with a missile launcher and shurken cannon is only 5 points more then a las/assault/las+plas razorback; but you get a fast, scout with star-engines.

But yes, the double-brightlance with holofields probably isn't worth the cost.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

First-Captain

When I first saw the email, I was all WTF? with the thumbnail--it looked so damn hokey. I thought to myself, Okay, FW, wth were you thinking? You sculpt better than this!

Then I clicked on the damn thing and saw the full pic--much better. The cockpit area's still a bit too bulbous for me, but it's nice overall. I'll probably pick up a couple.

Rules-wise, still overpriced for what you get, but it's also nice for scouting/outflanking. Dual pulse lasers outflanking--you only need to move 6", fire 4 Str 8 ap2 shots into the side of you're opponent's mech and give him a headache.

Much more survivable than a Vyper, too.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post

Much more survivable than a Vyper, too.
    I think that's the way to use it, too, like a heavy Vyper. The cheap weapons aren't too much more expensive than an equivalent Vyper would be, but you get several benifits (AV 11, not open topped, star engines).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I think that's the way to use it, too, like a heavy Vyper. The cheap weapons aren't too much more expensive than an equivalent Vyper would be, but you get several benifits (AV 11, not open topped, star engines).
    Without a doubt. Anyone who tries to use this as a stand up fighter is going to be sorely disappointed.

You're definitely looking at a hit&run type of combat with this little gem.

Hm, three of these with TL scatter lasers zooming up behind the enemy... Not exactly cheap pointswise but faster moving than the War Walker equivalent.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm I the only one thinking LOBSTER!!!
    Gaming manifest: Play hard, but play fair. The game is about fun. Treat your opponent with respect. Losing a well fought game, beats winning a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crae View Post
    I'm I the only one thinking LOBSTER!!!
    Great. Thanks. I couldn't see a lobster at first, and now I can't stop seeing one!
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Fly Lord

I like the rules, and the model, then I saw those razor pointed side winglets...

Just killed the design for me. It like Forgeworld just can't seem to stick with Jes' all curved surfaces and flattened design aesthetic for the Eldar.

Its a little to pointy and pudgy for my tastes. Its like they are subtly reverting to the Cobra MkI design aesthetic...

Also, yes, its a lobster - which is making me hungry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast