BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Default Night Systems Terrain Collection

After recently finishing the terrain for my board, and having the first game on it while completed, i delayed packing it away straight away so that i could take a few pictures to share.

The overall design theme for this was to fit both of my main armies (Exodites + Marines) on it, ergo, An imperial force in campaign on an Exodite/Maiden World.

View of the Board in its entirety, the line down the middle is where to hinges are, the board is made up of 2 3x2 sections, for easy storage.

No 40k board is complete without a skull hill.

Webway Complex

Veteran-Sergeant

Action shots!

Dragon Knights attacking an entrenched Space Marine position.

Exodite Militia defend the Webway Complex

Stegadon herd stalks through the jungle.

Very pretty. I was going to say the webway pylons look a little stubby for my taste, but actuallyit rather gives it a rustic look appropriate for Exodites.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Excellent stuff!
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Initiate

I really like your creativity, especially the stegadon herd! I also like you skull hill, but if I may I'd suggest you think a little more about where dirt would settle and thus where grasses would grow - in the cracks and valleys especially. Keep up the good work. We don't have enough terrain builders out there.

Veteran-Sergeant

Very, very nice work. It has a nice, alien planet look going for it.

I get that the Dragon Knights are Shining Spears on jetbikes, but what do the stegadons count as, Vipers?

Keep up the good work.
    92 Golf: Death From Within
    Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.

Stegs look like Fire Prisms.

Veteran-Sergeant

They are indeed fireprisms, i had some homebrew rules made up for a Knarloc like strength beast, but people have a tendency to moan overpowered if its anything but toughness 2, so i just normally use as counts as. Thats fine by me though, there was one hilarious incident where it rammed a Valkyrie out of the sky....

For Vypers i was going to create some Teradactyl style beast of burden creatures, but i havnt yet found a suitable model so they have been left on the ideas board.

And the grasses... yeah a bit more thought could go into where they are, but quite often they are placed rather cleverly in places were the.. er... paint didnt take to welll...

Thankyou for all the nice comments