BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Because Orks are crap. Just my 2 cents on that and I play the army. Honestly I would rathe r***** about fearless saves. Why the **** would I want to risk my boyz being slaughtered by a retarded save I am forced to take in cc? C'mon you kill 15 of my 30 boyz and suddenly the other 15, what take a header along the way? I think there is other things to bitvh about man.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by mstersmith View Post
    Because Orks are crap. Just my 2 cents on that and I play the army. Honestly I would rathe r***** about fearless saves. Why the **** would I want to risk my boyz being slaughtered by a retarded save I am forced to take in cc? C'mon you kill 15 of my 30 boyz and suddenly the other 15, what take a header along the way? I think there is other things to bitvh about man.
    Lol, what the hell is r*****?

And I agree with Melissia. Should be but aren't because it would be cheaty. S3 + Furious Charge is a better representation.

Abbess Sanctorum

Because Orks are crap.
    I'm not even going to touch this trollbait.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Oh go on, you know you want to
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Not trolling just my opinion. Sorry if I dont agree with majority and have been playing Orks for some time. With each new dex that is released there effectivness is slowly detereating. Anyhoo I dont need to justify it to you or any one else and fully understand this guys frustration.

First-Captain

So the army went from doing ok to competative in the latest edition and yet, their effectiveness went down?
    Sure you don't have to prove yourself, but orks are at the best I have ever seen.

Seems like bad players will just stay bad and blame their book.
    Now if you played tau, crons, sob or gk, I would believe you.
    But orks seriously?
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

Anyhoo I dont need to justify it to you or any one else and fully understand this guys frustration.
    So why bother with this post?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

Orks on average are, in the d100 system of Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader, roughly ~45-55. Humans are on average ~25-35. Ork Nobz are ~55-65 with Unnatural Strength. Astartes are roughly ~40-50, with Unnatural Strength. Unnatural Strength increases the bonus that one gets from one's strength stat, but doesn't actually increase one's strength stat.
    I forget, do Space Marine's power armor also add Strength? Been a while...I really need to start playing DH again.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    So the army went from doing ok to competative in the latest edition and yet, their effectiveness went down?
    Sure you don't have to prove yourself, but orks are at the best I have ever seen.

Seems like bad players will just stay bad and blame their book.
    Now if you played tau, crons, sob or gk, I would believe you.
    But orks seriously?
    I am not asking for what this guy wants. Str4? Not needed. When you take 15 wounds on a mob of 30 boyz and turn around and pull 10 more do to fearless saves, its a kick in the junk. I believe I let my frustration at my showing on Sat show in my post. Nobz are fine, Ork boyz catch the shaft. I play Orks not Nobz. I understand that if I built a list running nobz with the wound sillyness (which should be fixed) BW, possibly Nob Bikers and a Kff ya its a damn near unstopable.

I also have to take a jab at victory points. You are going to sacrafice some if you play horde which I do. Specificly Kann wall. Is it effective? Sure. As effective as it was say a year ago? Not really. I have over 150 fully painted boyz. Hell my whole army almost 4k worth is painted. I love my Orks. The steep learning curve has taken its tole. A few tweaks though and they are golden. Grabbing a second army because I honestly love the game. Appologies for the attitude.

Chapter-Master

orks arent meant to be superhuman hulks (in both meanings :P) just meatshields with fists
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast