BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default 2011 Dark Eldar rumours

Insomnia is awesome:

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    Not sure if this is the best place to post but the Dark Eldar rumours thread was closed and this seemed the next best place.

I had a chance to have a chat with Jes Goodwin today and got some more info regarding DE release schedule.

He said that they will have 90% of the Dark Eldar models in the Codex released by June next year, so no more than 7 months.

Basically people have waited so long for this release and as it looks set to be so popular he wanted to get everything out quickly.

There are 4 new plastic kits coming next year, he wouldn't say exactly what they were but that the Venom is definitely coming soon and they have models for both flyers listed in the Dex on ready to go (but he wouldn't confirm if these were part of the 90%).

He said that the models which would take longer were the special characters, so these may form the missing 10% which means we have a lot of new models coming soon.

He is still working on a few bits, something he wants to do is have Haemonculi passengers/hangers on the Raider but isn't sure how best to do that.

The Wych passengers/hangers on for the Raider will be included in the plastic Venom kit, but there isn't another suitabe release to make up Haemonculi equivalents.

He also said that now that rapid prototyping and CAD technology has progressed the design team can use 2 ups instead of 3 ups which means that making larger apocolypse style kits (Stompa and Baneblade) in plastic is now more possible.

This means that they are currently working on one of these types of kits as the sales for the Stompa etc were very good, but wouldn't say whether they had decided on what this would be, although I got the impression he wanted it to be Eldar.

Talking of Eldar he said that producing the Dark Eldar had fired up his enthusiasm for a new Craftworld Eldar Codex and models, and he has lots of ideas for this. However this hasn't even started yet so a new Eldar Codex is a long way off.

He is still trying to work out how best to tackle plastic Sisters of Battle but they are still being problematic.

He also mentioned that he would love to produce an Ad Mech Codex but said it would be very unlikely for GW to produce it as there isn't room in the range for them at the moment. However he said it was possible that Forge World would do them at some point, and his take on the concept was "Vampire Counts in space". In other words Necromancers and zombies, which sounds cool.

Anyway, that's pretty much it, also wanted to say that Jes was a lovely guy, very approachable and it was nice to see how passionate he was about everything he does.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    No worries, wasn't really an interview, more of a chat.

He was at Warhammer World today for the DE Codex release but it turned out him and myself were the only 2 smokers there!! (one of the advantages of my filthy habit!).

This meant that every time I went for a *** he was also desperate for nicotine, so I got a chance to have a proper chat with him.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Wow, thats alot to take in. Glad to see a time-line (sort-of) of what DE will be getting this next year. Anything on what December holiday deals, may hold?

As long as I can purchase a Talos/Parasite Engine and a customisable Haemonculi, I will be very happy.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

This is very good news! I hope these will pan out well, so I will not have to feel to bad about proxying my Grotesques/wracks until the 2nd wave.

I can also easily wait for the air force, since I'd rather get the tried and trued Rangers for the time being.

I hope it is all accurate, the source seems reliable enough but rumours are still rumours. Also, I find it amusing that BolS censors the British slang for cigarette.
    Quite thrilled about the mention of Jes-designed plastic SoB, even if there are problems with it thus far.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Yea, with Jes in on that, SOB's will be getting some good treatment, sure it might take awhile, but the beauty will be worth it.

i do wonder though, what are the problems that their having with plastic sobs? is it the master model? the design team miss-communication? or something esle?

I've asked on Warseer whether any hints as to the problem with the SoB were given.

I think these are the msot likely candidates for the four plastic kits:
    Wracks
    Venom (confirmed)
    Scourges
    Talos/Cronos (strongly rumoured)

With special characters, grotesques, beastmaster & beasts in metal. Fliers following later in plastic, perhaps in one kit or in two like the Raider and Ravager.

God, I so hope the next Eldar codex sees plastic Aspect Warriors.

Librarian

Ah, this sets my mind at ease.

I can wait 7-8 months for flyers and haemonculi models. In the mean time I'll work on my Wyches, Warriors, and Raiders.

Was just looking at the rules for the flyers a minute ago. They're sick, with a lot of anti-infantry and anti-tank potential all wrapped up into the same package, for relatively low points that can achieve cover saves simply by zooming around. Seeing the entry 'Two Wing-Mounted Dark Lances' on the Ravenwing made me think they certainly had a good idea of how the model is supposed to look/be kitted out.

So yeah, looking forward to all of this. Praying that they get a little something by Christmas, but you'd think we would have heard of it by now.. unless the advance orders will go live by around Christmas or something.. Kinda doubt it, since that'd be backwards...

Ah well, plenty of building and painting to do in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I've asked on Warseer whether any hints as to the problem with the SoB were given.

I think these are the msot likely candidates for the four plastic kits:
    Wracks
    Venom (confirmed)
    Scourges
    Talos/Cronos (strongly rumoured)

With special characters, grotesques, beastmaster & beasts in metal. Fliers following later in plastic, perhaps in one kit or in two like the Raider and Ravager.

God, I so hope the next Eldar codex sees plastic Aspect Warriors.

The fact that GW it still selling the old Talos Modle on there sight, makes me think otherwise to there inclusion in the 2nd wave.

(That. And I'd hope the Grotesques would be plastic like the rat ogres, not stupid expensive metal like the IG oygrns.)

=<

Chapter-Master

Grotesque have got to be too big for a metal blister i'm sure?

Good to hear new stuff in bound. Need a few of these for my army, so by time i finish my High Elf's and all the warriors and raiders i need these should be out!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast